AQA Triple Science (New Spec) Watch

Bethanie.11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, so my school is a little different to others. Yr 11s have to do two rounds of mocks in preparation for the real thing, so we’ve done our autumn mocks and as of the new year we have exactly 2 months to prepare for our spring mocks in febuary. My problem is now that I do triple science, and during the first round we did paper 1 for all of the sciences but for the second round they want us to do both paper 1 and 2. I didn’t organise myself well this term and invested my time in paper 1 revision which im still not really confident in. Now, I have no clue how I am going to balance both paper 1 and 2 revision for the two months and it’s really stressing me out. Help?
username2826246
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Go through it all and first flick through key points. Write these on revision cards and then do them. Whilst still doing the revision cards, make detailed notes on possible six marker questions (there aren't that many). Focus on understanding how everything works, rather than just remembering (but for paper 2, there's a lot of remembering). Make sure you understand chapters 6-12ish as they don't take much memorisation, more just understanding. Videos are also very helpful for me I have paper 1 after christmas, any pointers for specific revision chapters/topics?
Bethanie.11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by student834663)
Go through it all and first flick through key points. Write these on revision cards and then do them. Whilst still doing the revision cards, make detailed notes on possible six marker questions (there aren't that many). Focus on understanding how everything works, rather than just remembering (but for paper 2, there's a lot of remembering). Make sure you understand chapters 6-12ish as they don't take much memorisation, more just understanding. Videos are also very helpful for me I have paper 1 after christmas, any pointers for specific revision chapters/topics?
Hi, thank you so much, yeah I find mygcsescience helpful as well. Sometimes I feel like triple science can be really overwhelming but I will definitely take your advice on board thanks again. As for paper one, I find that you will be okay so long as you revise what is on the specification. A couple weeks before the exam I printed off the aqa specification for all of the sciences and just ticked off what I know and focused on what I didn't know so well. In terms of specific revision topics for biology first off, there were questions on monoclonal antibodies, the human circulatory system , plant diseases, preventing diseases and organisation in plants. Chemistry included things like titration, bond energies, covalent and ionic bonding. Physics included topics like the development of the atom , circuits and off the top of my head there was a 6 marker to do with working out the density but explaining how to calculate it for a cube and statue. Anyway, in the physics paper there were questions to do with equations so I would advise you to revise over the equations in the specification. Overall, so long as you have a balanced understanding of the paper one topics you should be fine, and as for things that helped me you already know videos are good, I use mygcsescience and another channel on youtube (I can put the link here). Good luck with your exam and Merry Christmas
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (4)
4%
No (96)
96%

Watched Threads