The Student Room Group

Do her two recent heartbreaks mean it will always be a one sided relationship?

We're 21 and have been together for just a couple of weeks, having been seeing each other for a month before that. I've always felt that I was more into her than vice versa, liking her a lot even when we were just friends, whereas it's only the last few weeks where she's been sure she's into me.

Probably because just under a year ago she broke up with her boyfriend of 2.5 years, and since then she was seeing another guy who really hurt her. Meanwhile I've been single and not even close to a relationship for 3.5 years...

Does this create an inevitable imbalance where I will always give more while she will be jaded and reluctant to invest too much, to truly care etc?
Tbf, im in a similar situation and it almost seems that way. I've been treading lightly and taking things slow, as hard as it is but I think the best thing to do is to try and get his/her trust if you really want it to work. Problem is, theyre gonna be reluctant and its not even your fault. Im banking on the idea that if i show her im fully invested, she might do the same. All the best to you tho 👍🏻
It's not an inevitability, no - it may be that she's apprehensive to invest too much initially though, and a month is early days still. Assuming you continue to show her that you can be trusted and that you're invested in her and the relationship though, there's a good chance that she'll be more open herself, and commit more investment to the relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending