The Student Room Group

does you roommate mind you partner staying over?

what does you house mate or flat mate think when your boyfriends over? my last roommate decided to move out because my boyfriend would stay over
I personally find that kind of stuff annoying because they are strangers to me and suddenly they will be in the living area and kitchen when I just want to relax. Once in a while is fine though.
Find it annoying, as I have to be more careful how I dress if the opposite sex is around and can be awkward when I want to use common areas and someone I don't know is there.
One of the core perils of sharing a living space, you'll never have complete control/freedom over it or within reason who is there, best you can do is hope for a happy & respectful medium where you don't make a deal over guests as long as they don't try to move in by stealth. Bit of an extreme thing to move out over unless there was more to it.
I had one flatmate who made a huge deal about how they 'couldn't use the living room' when we were in it together... like we'd literally cook on Theother side of the room and they'd refuse to come in. I thought it was pathetic. I've never had another flatmate who minded and I've never minded other people's partners staying.

Quick Reply

Latest