A level English lit / Lang combined

Watch this thread
Pearlwt
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi I think I would enjoy English lit/ Lang combined course more but is it still respected by prestigious unis?
I am thinking the combinations-history, politics , English lit / Lang combined thanks!
Deliciate
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
It's not as respected as the English literature course. What career are you looking to go into?
CinnamonSmol
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hey, disagree with poster above, was in the same predicament as you months ago and in the end I stuck with Lit/Lang rather than Lit and honestly I'm glad I did. Check with any RG/top uni and they'll say that they accept combined English for any English/essay based subject. English Lit/Lang is great because you learn about techniques that are more useful in everyday life than learning about say features of a certain genre. (Also I love your combo choice, I was going to do that + Graphic Design but then decided to stick to 3 a-levels instead of 4)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads