beccakatiemullen
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I got accepted into Durham to do psychology in 2018, totally mind blown.

I really don’t understand all these ‘colleges’ when I applied, I chose St John Snow as it seemed the best fit for me, however does it matter which college you’re in for your subject? For example, Northumbria does psychology on their west campus and the accommodation I chose was close to that campus rather than their others ones. I can’t seem to find anything online to explain all of this for me and I’m way too stressed!

Can anyone help?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by beccakatiemullen)
I got accepted into Durham to do psychology in 2018, totally mind blown.

I really don’t understand all these ‘colleges’ when I applied, I chose St John Snow as it seemed the best fit for me, however does it matter which college you’re in for your subject? For example, Northumbria does psychology on their west campus and the accommodation I chose was close to that campus rather than their others ones. I can’t seem to find anything online to explain all of this for me and I’m way too stressed!

Can anyone help?
No teaching happens in Durham Colleges (it's a fairly superficial system tbh). You simply live in your college - there is nothing special and it won't impact your course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.23%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.7%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.4%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.93%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.34%

Watched Threads