Girls, would you stay up till 1:00 am texting a guy if you weren't interested in him?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
This girl and I have been snapping and texting for a good 2 months now and we've really started talking a lot in the last few weeks, so we are getting to know each other pretty well and we are being flirty (as flirty as you can over text) and I get the feeling she might like me back.

So for the third time last night we stayed up texting and snapping until like 1:00 am and she said she never stays up this late, and we kept trying to end the convo and go to sleep but neither of us could for a while.

So I'm wondering if this is a good sign?? Like would you stay up way later than you normally do texting and snapping a guy if you aren't interested in him/ see him as just a friend? What would some other reasons for doing this be?
esralled
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm not a girl, but I can pass on some advice. It's better to **** your pants than die of constipation. Go for it
Foggel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah a few girls i had been involved with stayed up till late (7 am) speaking before we got together. So i would say it is possibly a good sign.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by esralled)
I'm not a girl, but I can pass on some advice. It's better to **** your pants than die of constipation. Go for it
LMAO. Love this.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by No$feratu)
Yeah a few girls i had been involved with stayed up till late (7 am) speaking before we got together. So i would say it is possibly a good sign.
Aight, good to hear!
Chichaldo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This girl and I have been snapping and texting for a good 2 months now and we've really started talking a lot in the last few weeks, so we are getting to know each other pretty well and we are being flirty (as flirty as you can over text) and I get the feeling she might like me back.

So for the third time last night we stayed up texting and snapping until like 1:00 am and she said she never stays up this late, and we kept trying to end the convo and go to sleep but neither of us could for a while.

So I'm wondering if this is a good sign?? Like would you stay up way later than you normally do texting and snapping a guy if you aren't interested in him/ see him as just a friend? What would some other reasons for doing this be?
Don't have to read past the title really... If they do not usually stay up that late then tbey will be interested.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Chichaldo)
Don't have to read past the title really... If they do not usually stay up that late then tbey will be interested.
Good to hear!
GreenBell
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, usually if a girl stays up talking to you then it’s a good signs. You’ve been texting a lot, it does look like she likes you.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
tbh i stay up until late texting people if only I think that it's worth it and it's a decent convo, if it's worth it not sleeping only to chat with them. But could be different, I'm a night person so I text everybody at night usually even tho I'm interested only as a friend. but what you said about her suggests that she's probably kinda interested
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
It's a good sign if she's interested in your sex.
SKintu
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Looool mate if she didn’t like you she would have even said goodnight at like 7pm. Go for it!!!
username3689364
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I sometimes stay up late talking to a guy friend if they're really funny so whilst there's a pretty good chance she's interested, you have to consider that maybe she just likes talking to you

Anyway, the only way you can find out is by asking her out for a coffee or something, if you've been talking for two months I say you should go for it
Bigmunch
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

I personally would only stay up for someone if i was interested. Go for it.
username3180692
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

no if i am interested i would till 1 am
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SKintu)
Looool mate if she didn’t like you she would have even said goodnight at like 7pm. Go for it!!!
Lmaooo you've got a point
Anonymous #1
(Original post by eelpie)
I sometimes stay up late talking to a guy friend if they're really funny so whilst there's a pretty good chance she's interested, you have to consider that maybe she just likes talking to you

Anyway, the only way you can find out is by asking her out for a coffee or something, if you've been talking for two months I say you should go for it
Yeah I suppose, that's a good point. We don't really know each other too well but like it could be like you said she just likes talking to me. She gives a lot of mixed signals too, although it's hard to tell over text and we've only met in person a few times. I am going to be seeing her at a party later today though, so I can watch to see how she acts in person.
Nicholascsh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So what's the answer after a year? Have you two been together?
username4167452
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
no she left me and took the dog
(Original post by Nicholascsh)
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
WOW this was a throwback. Yeah, we ended up dating just shortly after I posted this, lasted about 2 months, was both our first relationship. Was good initially but got *****y after a bit, both of us were partly to blame. We now don't talk anymore and haven't since the breakup lol, and I had a much longer, better relationship since.

But yeah, if experience a year and a half later tells me anything, a girl staying up till 1:00 am to text you does mean she likes you LMAO
(Original post by Nicholascsh)
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nah, she's just bored and wanted to kill time so she messaged you until 1am.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (150)
14.53%
I'm not sure (45)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (307)
29.75%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.62%
I'm not a current university student (503)
48.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed