The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLan and Preston

Hey everyone I’ve just been unbelievably lucky to receive and unconditional from Central Lancashire for Archaeology! (on the condition I put it as my first choice ahah) I’m unsure if to take it as I don’t know how good the uni is. I’ve looked at statistics and they’re looking pretty decent I would definately not be ashamed to have gone there but I just want to know how people feel about Preston and the university itself. What’s life like there? Do you enjoy it?
If anyone has been there or lives there I would love it if you could tell me about it!
Original post by MHE04
Hey everyone I’ve just been unbelievably lucky to receive and unconditional from Central Lancashire for Archaeology! (on the condition I put it as my first choice ahah) I’m unsure if to take it as I don’t know how good the uni is. I’ve looked at statistics and they’re looking pretty decent I would definately not be ashamed to have gone there but I just want to know how people feel about Preston and the university itself. What’s life like there? Do you enjoy it?
If anyone has been there or lives there I would love it if you could tell me about it!

I have moved this into the Lancaster University, you should get more of an answer here
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by Rock Fan
I have moved this into the Lancaster University, you should get more of an answer here

UCLan is the University of Central Lancashire, though, not Lancaster University...
Original post by Isinglass
UCLan is the University of Central Lancashire, though, not Lancaster University...

I have asked for it to be moved again :yy:

Not sure whats happened to the rest of the thread but its kinda been moved now?
My dad works there (lives there half the week) and he says it's a great little student city. Not too dangerous or overwhelming. Great transport links to Manchester if you're looking for a big night out.

Left behind in Lancaster or wandered off into the ether...?!
Left behind in Lancaster or wandered off into the ether...?!

Seems to be here still not sure what happened there
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5108102
Original post by MHE04

I ve lived in Preston for four years and went to uclan for a couple, it's a small city that's pretty cheap to live in and although it's much smaller than Manchester and Liverpool it's got everything you could need really.

Should be sorted now?
Original post by claireestelle

Should be sorted now?

It is now thanks
Probably not of much help re making a decision on UCLan, but mildly entertaining ('All quiet on the Preston Front', a TV series from the 1990s. Well, we found it entertaining, anyway☺).

https://youtu.be/0Fx7czxSMZw
Keep your options open, I would say.

dont put them first, unless you really want to go there and think its a respected and prestigious university

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending