Friends or The Big Bang Theory? Watch

xoxox_helena
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have my preference, what does everyone else prefer and why?
TheTree0fDeath
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Both are bad shows but I would have to say that the Big Bang Theory takes it as the worst. That show is cosmically bad. None of the jokes are funny in the slightest and without the laugh-track would be so excruciatingly cringey I think I would vomit. The characters are horribly annoying, bland, boring, and have no personality other than being; the nerd, the other nerd, the Indian etc etc. The plots don’t make much sense and aren’t engaging in the slightest. They feature troubled romances that no one wants to happen, and only serve to make the show even more stressful to watch. They feature extremely tired stereotyping that can make anyone feel irritated at the representation of their group, it’s not even clever enough to actually be offensive, it just makes you feel embarrassed for those involved. They feature references to nerd culture, which are either so obvious you’ve heard them a billion times before (like loving Star Wars or whatever) or are just made up because the writers had no ideas! The show is just super lazy, terrible, cringe-inducing and did I mention, terrible?

So I prefer Friends.
xoxox_helena
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheTree0fDeath)
Both are bad shows but I would have to say that the Big Bang Theory takes it as the worst. That show is cosmically bad. None of the jokes are funny in the slightest and without the laugh-track would be so excruciatingly cringey I think I would vomit. The characters are horribly annoying, bland, boring, and have no personality other than being; the nerd, the other nerd, the Indian etc etc. The plots don’t make much sense and aren’t engaging in the slightest. They feature troubled romances that no one wants to happen, and only serve to make the show even more stressful to watch. They feature extremely tired stereotyping that can make anyone feel irritated at the representation of their group, it’s not even clever enough to actually be offensive, it just makes you feel embarrassed for those involved. They feature references to nerd culture, which are either so obvious you’ve heard them a billion times before (like loving Star Wars or whatever) or are just made up because the writers had no ideas! The show is just super lazy, terrible, cringe-inducing and did I mention, terrible?

So I prefer Friends.
Yes, I agree that Friends is better. TBBT have taken lots of Friends ideas and attempted to turn it into something new. I disagree that Friends is bad though, I really like it.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It is been a while that I watched Friends, but just a few episodes. So it is really hard to compare. In terms of the Big Bang theory, I liked the first four seasons and even the fifth and sixth one were alright. But with the beginning of season seven, I lost my interest.
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Friends.
TBBT is awful.
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
TBBT was good &original in the first few seasons, but it's really gone downhill.

Now the jokes are obvious and lazy, and there is a huge annoying laugh after every line, even the ones (well most of them, really) that aren't funny.
Christopher9600
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheTree0fDeath)

So I prefer Friends.
You seem to know a lot about TBBT for someone who hates it lol but I agree
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
These are my 2 favourite shows haha! I feel like TBBT has deteriorated a little; it's no longer about a group of nerds but instead focussing on their happy relationships. It's made it less relatable. Friends is a classic though, watch it over and over and it never fails to make me laugh
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
TBBT was good &original in the first few seasons, but it's really gone downhill.

Now the jokes are obvious and lazy, and there is a huge annoying laugh after every line, even the ones (well most of them, really) that aren't funny.
Think almost the same about this sitcom. And as for the laughings, they tend to be annoying and redundant in every sitcom. As if I have to be remember when it gets funny.
username2569523
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The Big Bang Theory because without it, you’d of never have any Friends.
xoxox_helena
Rep:
?
(Original post by NotNotBatman)
Friends.
TBBT is awful.
Agreed.
XOR_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Friends is actually funny so Friends wins.
TBBT is garbage IMO, Silicon Valley is similar but miles better.
cftc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Certainly, The Bigbang Theory, and Sheldon is my favourite
chocochip_
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
F r i e n d s
WillD106
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Big Bang
cheesecakelove
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I watched Friends when it first aired. It really is a icon of the 90s/00s and is a classic, although it if aired now I'm not sure if would get the same response.

I also watch The Big Bang Theory - the first few seasons were funny, but the newer ones not so much. It is probably a good thing that the next season will be the last.
Svesh
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Binge watched both on a plane.

I watched friends first and it was actually pretty funny then went onto Big bang and it seemed really bland compared to it
lol its AIDEN
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Big bang theory for sure! Yall crazy
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Neither. They are both ****.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.06%
No (322)
75.94%

Watched Threads