What is a good number of interviews?

Watch this thread
username2300427
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have 2 interviews and 2 rejections. Is this a good number of interviews? Cause I am pretty sad about the 2 pre-interview rejections.
Also both of the medical schools that I have interviews from, give offers to ~66% of the people interviewed. So what are the overall chances of me getting an offer from either course?
redhelen
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
My dd got 3 interviews and 2 offers for dentistry so I would say pretty hopeful!
redhelen
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Oh and 2 interviews were MMI and on traditional and she was rejected by one of the mmi places she was interviewed at
Beska
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by singhaman)
I have 2 interviews and 2 rejections. Is this a good number of interviews? Cause I am pretty sad about the 2 pre-interview rejections.
Also both of the medical schools that I have interviews from, give offers to ~66% of the people interviewed. So what are the overall chances of me getting an offer from either course?
1 interview is fine.

I wouldn't rest so much on the 66% - it depends on your performance on the day so it isn't just a passive thing like that. It's a population-based statistic, not so much your own personal chance.
Someone123123
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
As above, 1 interview is an achievement in itself. 2 is great, 3 is excellent, 4 is phenomenal!

Don't worry too much about trying to calculate your chances of receiving an offer, it won't increase your chances of getting an offer but will increase your stress levels! Focus on your exams for the time being and hopefully it'll be good news
Finestinlondon
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Have friends that got 2-4 interviews and 0 offers. Have some who got 1 interview and converted it. Have friends that got 4 offers and missed the grades. Interviews are so varied in what they ask and assess that you can get rejected by a medical school thats ranked less highly and get an offer from one of the top. keep your chin up 😊
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by singhaman)
Depends if you consider those percentages independent variables!

You've already done above average. Just do your best.
meddicmind
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,

The most important thing is trying your best to get at least one medical interview.

It doesn't matter the number you get, as long as you get your place at medical school which I am sure you thoroughly deserve.

If you need any help for the interview, we have a very affordable course for £30 which covers all the possible scenarios you will face in your interview and will help you build model answers - Recommended by lots of students on TSR (Ask them yourself!)

Try some of our free videos beforehand youtube.com/medicmind
Regards,
Mohil
Medic Mind
Best UK Medical Start Up 2017
www.medicmind.co.uk/interview
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (8)
21.62%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
8.11%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
10.81%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (4)
10.81%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (8)
21.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (10)
27.03%

Watched Threads