The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

What is the best accommodation at Cardiff?

I have just been given an unconditional offer for Cardiff and was wondering which accommodation is the best to stay in? I want to be in a fun and friendly hall with people who like going out. Which would everyone recommend?
Reply 1
Don't go for Senghennydd, it's ****. All the Tally's are loud and usually where all the parties happen. I'm staying at Cartwright Court and I'm very happy about it (plus, it's cheap)
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
If your a party person, then Talybont area is the place to go :yep:
That said I dont think it really matters as I'm in Gordon Hall (which is like the smallest halls) and the majority of ppl go out
I have heard that University Halls and Senghennydd are ones to avoid tho
Reply 3
I was in University Hall for my first year. The flat parties there are good, but the site is so far away from the city centre that you spend a fortune on taxis for nights out. Senghenydd has a nice party atmosphere and is close to the city centre, but the rooms there are quite small. Talybont North and South have good atmospheres but are quite a way from the city centre. (Sharing taxis keeps the costs down though.) I lived opposite Gordon Hall last year and it seemed to have an active social life and was pretty close to town.

I would recommend Talybont Court for the most outgoing people. I live opposite there currently and there are a lot of parties going on. It's also a lot closer to town than some halls. This is one of the most popular halls of residence due to its proximity to town and uni buildings, but with an unconditional you should have no problem securing a room if you act fast.

Hope this helps,
Kate.
I go to Senghennydd Court and I find it alright, it's not the most aesthetic but you're a 10-15 walk from the city centre and anything else you need. Everyone I've met so far are nice too, although if you prefer quieter nights I wouldn't recommend as you can definitely hear house parties 2 houses away lol

also cheap
Original post by livy500
I have just been given an unconditional offer for Cardiff and was wondering which accommodation is the best to stay in? I want to be in a fun and friendly hall with people who like going out. Which would everyone recommend?

Hi,

I have a room available in central cardiff, located just of newport road
ideal for anyone at Cardiff Uni, South Wales Or Cradiff Met.

It's a warm spaciouse flat shared with 5 others all post grad students
and very freindly.
Its a double room with on suite.

Needs to be filled asap!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending