braces of no use?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hey guys, hope you guys are doing well

so basically, i have had my braces for 2 years and my gap in my front teeth hasn't closed. my orthodontist gave me elastics to fix my bite and after that my braces are coming of, maybye by march time. i did my research and i came across teeth shaping or something like that. apparently my teeth is not shaped in a way that would allow my gap to close, therefore i would have to get my teeth reshaped. do you know if this procedure could be done by my orthodontist?

and do i re shape my teeth after or with braces?
sexilexi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ask your dentist
Synchronise
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Depending on your age and other circumstances, it'll cost you a fortune. :sadnod:
sexilexi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It could make sense to travel to an Eastern European or Balkan country where they do it very cheaply
username3434964
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Synchronise)
Depending on your age and other circumstances, it'll cost you a fortune. :sadnod:
Yup

NHS doesn't do cosmetic stuff - only things that impact your dental health or will do in the future - for example over crowding of teeth over a certain extent.

They have different bands for orthodontic treatment, and even then it is only free if you start it when under 18 (I think) and have it to a certain severity.

Ask your orthodontist about the gap in your teeth and what you can do about it next time you go
Synchronise
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bill Nye)
Yup

NHS doesn't do cosmetic stuff - only things that impact your dental health or will do in the future - for example over crowding of teeth over a certain extent.

They have different bands for orthodontic treatment, and even then it is only free if you start it when under 18 (I think) and have it to a certain severity.

Ask your orthodontist about the gap in your teeth and what you can do about it next time you go
I've heard they sometimes do cosmetic stuff with teeth for free if it's because you have extremely low self confidence because of it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Synchronise)
i saw somewhere it was 250 pounds to get your teeth reshaped. its not that much if i save up well.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you need the gap gone? I have a gap and it never causes an issue.
Anonymous #1
and guys i did get my braces when i was 17. I'm now 19 turning 20 in just under a month.
username3434964
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
and guys i did get my braces when i was 17. I'm now 19 turning 20 in just under a month.
Ask your orthodontist about it first - see what they say.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (712)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (897)
42.76%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (396)
18.88%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.43%

Watched Threads