how long will it take to self teach mei ocr further maths

Watch
sandeshisis
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So i want to do engineering and because of a lack of teachers my school currently cant provide me with a teacher and they want me to self study further maths for now. I will be taking the AS Core pure(Fp1),Modelling with Algorithms(D1) and numerical methods as my modules. How difficult is it and how long will it take.My A levels are Maths,Physics,Chem and computer science (i will drop comp if i pursue fm.)
Maths&physics
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sandeshisis)
So i want to do engineering and because of a lack of teachers my school currently cant provide me with a teacher and they want me to self study further maths for now. I will be taking the AS Core pure(Fp1),Modelling with Algorithms(D1) and numerical methods as my modules. How difficult is it and how long will it take.My A levels are Maths,Physics,Chem and computer science (i will drop comp if i pursue fm.)
get on live maths... I learnt fp1 in 3 full days, fp2 in about 5 full days but im expecting fp3 to take a little longer.
sandeshisis
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maths&physics)
get on live maths... I learnt fp1 in 3 full days, fp2 in about 5 full days but im expecting fp3 to take a little longer.
I feel like the decision math and the numerical method modules will be too teedious to learn because i don't feel as motivated to learn about those unlike the core maths bits
Maths&physics
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I feel like the decision math and the numerical method modules will be too teedious to learn because i don't feel as motivated to learn about those unlike the core maths bits
D1 is tedious but quite interesting. but yes, D1 and NM are chosen as the easier papers. either way, live maths is great for OCR MEI.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you in Year 12? When are you hoping to take these exams?
sandeshisis
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
Are you in Year 12? When are you hoping to take these exams?
Yes and in the summer
Maths&physics
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes and in the summer
does your school have access to live maths?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (29)
18.59%
I'm not sure (3)
1.92%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (53)
33.97%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.92%
I'm not a current university student (68)
43.59%

Watched Threads