Social phobia/ anxiety and going to uni?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have been diagnosed with ADD and extreme social phobia/anxiety. It's something I really have been making an effort to improve on and I'm trying to force myself to go out into more 'uncomfortable situations'.

However, it's still something I really struggle with and something that affects almost every aspect of my life. For those who don't know about social anxiety, imagine the feeling of going into a GCSE/A level exam with no preparation on steroids.

Thing is I will be going to uni next year away from my parents. I am going to be forced into halls with a bunch of people I don't even know. This is something I am both excited and apprehensive about. I am excited as it's a chance to reinvent myself and get away from my reputation at my current school as a bit of an introvert but I'm really worried this won't happen and I'll just be that weirdo who lives in halls.

Is there anyone who suffers from social anxiety and lives in halls tell of their experience? This is something that is causing me great worry and it would be great if someone could offer some advice or tell me about their own experience.
username775001
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
m or f
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (653)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (823)
42.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.47%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.48%

Watched Threads