username3675862
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
this might be a weird question what does burnt out mean I know when u revise too much but actually happens to you
username3440160
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jenny127)
this might be a weird question what does burnt out mean I know when u revise too much but actually happens to you
Burnt out is when you reach such a stage where you are almost sick of revision, both mentally and physically and it honestly becomes impossible to pick up a book, let alone read it . Sounds a bit crazy but trust me, when I did my a levels last year, this is what happened to me; I had to take two weeks off revision to fix my mindset again and recharge
cathasatail
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This happened to me last year during Year 13 and I was nearly at that point at Uni, just before breaking up for Christmas.
It's a level of fatigue that you have never felt before; you feel physically ill, mentally drained and emotionally tired. A piece of work that would have taken half an hour ends up taking one or two.
I wouldn't say that it happens when you "revise too much", for me recently it was (because i'm me and I like to plough through any work and get it all done well in advance) finding a veritable mountain of work 2 weeks before the end of semester (quite a bit being extra-curricular) that needed doing before Christmas. I got myself worked up about it and a few other things which I won't go into, until the end result was that I was reaching the end of my tether.

It's a truly awful place to find oneself :/
username3675862
Rep:
?
(Original post by SherlockD)
Burnt out is when you reach such a stage where you are almost sick of revision, both mentally and physically and it honestly becomes impossible to pick up a book, let alone read it . Sounds a bit crazy but trust me, when I did my a levels last year, this is what happened to me; I had to take two weeks off revision to fix my mindset again and recharge

Because my friends say that I’m going to burnt out advice I keep on stressing about gces.As they say I revise to much.But last week I couldn’t sleep and I was just tried.All my friends are saying you need someone’s to help me but tbh that’s a waste of time.
username3440160
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jenny127)
Because my friends say that I’m going to burnt out advice I keep on stressing about gces.As they say I revise to much.But last week I couldn’t sleep and I was just tried.All my friends are saying you need someone’s to help me but tbh that’s a waste of time.
I was in the same boat; believe me, if you put the work in, you have no reason to stress. Create a revision timetable spreading your workload over the week and give yourself breaks throughout the day. Always give yourself an extra long break on a Sunday just to recharge, reflect on the previous week and plan your course of action for the following week. Don’t underestimate the power of good sleep as well!
username3675862
Rep:
?
(Original post by SherlockD)
I was in the same boat; believe me, if you put the work in, you have no reason to stress. Create a revision timetable spreading your workload over the week and give yourself breaks throughout the day. Always give yourself an extra long break on a Sunday just to recharge, reflect on the previous week and plan your course of action for the following week. Don’t underestimate the power of good sleep as well!
Thanks you I’m going To try and do that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (179)
58.5%
I don't have everything I need (127)
41.5%

Watched Threads