algerianstar23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Any computer science students who could tell me how hard the maths is in the first year , and how they have revised for it, I'm a bit worried as i haven't done a level maths and feel like I am going to really suffer with the maths involved in computer science , thanks
algerianstar23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
???????????????????????????????? ?????
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by algerianstar23)
Any computer science students who could tell me how hard the maths is in the first year , and how they have revised for it, I'm a bit worried as i haven't done a level maths and feel like I am going to really suffer with the maths involved in computer science , thanks
Hello!

Thank you for your question. I'm not a Computer Science student but did live with some computer Science students in first year. One of them did struggle with the maths elements as, like you, they had not taken Maths A-level however they did soon get the hang of it and used the resources available to them at the university, which I have listed below.

There is a maths drop in in the library that is open 12-6pm during term time where you can go with any problems, and also to collect worksheets to help you out! This really helped a lot of friends on my course who also didn't do A-level maths. If you would like more information on this, here is the link http://www.reading.ac.uk/library/mat...s-support.aspx.
Also the lecturers are very happy to help you, and often will put on tutorials or seminars if the work is maths related so you can turn up if you would like help. So I wouldn't worry as there are lot of places you can go for help!

You can also directly ask the computer science department about the difficulty of the maths elements by asking a question on the University of Reading portal: https://www.reading.ac.uk/forms/crm/question.aspx

Hope this helps you to have some peace of mind! If you do have any other questions then please do let us know!

Alice
Food Science Placement Student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.85%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (83)
27.95%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (112)
37.71%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (39)
13.13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.37%

Watched Threads