The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

By nationality I suppose
Original post by Got Milk
Title

I suspect you want to start a war on this thread, but have cunningly used a different approach.

I would say they are Chinese by nationality. You are from where you are born and not where you grandparents or parents were born.

So if a person is born in Britiain, they are British by nationality.

It is surprising how a white person who has never been to this country and probably indifferent to it has more claim to it than an ethnic minority, who was born in the UK, loves this country and lived here their whole life.

If I was in Government, I would abolish Citizenship by heritage. There would be only citizenship by birth, then permanent residency by heritage or if you have lived here for more than 10 years.
Reply 3
If a rat was born in a sewer, would it be a racist?
Original post by Maker
If a rat was born in a sewer, would it be a racist?

I didn't get that analogy at all.
but no they're a white person born in China,
if that were the case Eminem would be black
Reply 6
Original post by TheRuralJuror
I didn't get that analogy at all.

Never mind. Not everyone is intelligent.
Don't feed the troll.
Original post by Maker
Never mind. Not everyone is intelligent.

I didn't understand that one either
but no they're a white person born in China,
if that were the case Eminem would be black

??? Eminem was born in America..
you would be chinese, but the chinese wouldnt accept you maybe...
Original post by Got Milk
??? Eminem was born in America..

so he's indian?
ok I just meant he was born around a black community ..he might have even got a race card
anyone want anything from dominos am ordering in rn
so he's indian?
ok I just meant he was born around a black community ..he might have even got a race card

Your point is retarded..
Reply 14
Lmfao

he is but just lol at the thought.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Medicine4ever
By nationality I suppose

China isn't a Jus soli country, so not necessarily... The idea of being a citizen of the country you were born in is a very American idea....

Most of the Americas has an unconditional birthright. However, most of the world outside the Americas have no such birthright at all. A handful of countries have a modified system. Very few have an unconditional birthright outside of the Americas. Most countries, including China, don't actually have this birthright right at all. So, unless the white people were Chinese, the baby isn't Chinese.
Reply 16
yes, they will be a chinese national
Chinese by nationality.
Reply 18
Born in America but African decent is African American

Born in China but British decent is British Chinan (that 2nd part is 100% wrong but idk what it actually is)

Edit: I feel as though this logic is too simple now reading through these comments 😂
(edited 6 years ago)
People born in China are eligible for Chinese citizenship if at least one of their parents is a Chinese citizen. So it would depend on whether any of the white person's parents are Chinese citizens. If at least one of them are, then the child is Chinese by nationality.

Latest