GOI983
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys,

I really want to get a lot of my EPQ done this Xmas holiday. I’ve completed the abstract, intro and background research but I need help on how to start the discussion.

Brief run through of my EPQ:

My EPQ is about me looking into the reasons of a stagnating economy in Congo, I’m looking at social, political and economical factors that cause an effect.

How would I do this for my main discussion ?

Thanks
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by GOI983)
Hi guys,

I really want to get a lot of my EPQ done this Xmas holiday. I’ve completed the abstract, intro and background research but I need help on how to start the discussion.

Brief run through of my EPQ:

My EPQ is about me looking into the reasons of a stagnating economy in Congo, I’m looking at social, political and economical factors that cause an effect.

How would I do this for my main discussion ?

Thanks

Isnt that what you have an essay plan for? Theres not much debate going on it just seems like an investigation?

If you dont mean your introduction and then as an economy you have time to give a brief historical overview or you could do a brief overview of the economy either in a factual way or in its current state of stagnation. It al depends on style. You can then decide how you wish to set out your investigation.

If you are going to group it on the 3 areas you say then those can become mini essays.

If you dont know now then collate your research and write down a draft of an essay for each main part, then when finished, review it and see how you want it all to fit together. Rewrite it.

It seems what you lack at the moment is a plan? Think of yourself as a guide and the plan is the itinerary which details all the places you want to show the reader before reaching your conclusion.
GOI983
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Isnt that what you have an essay plan for? Theres not much debate going on it just seems like an investigation?

If you dont mean your introduction and then as an economy you have time to give a brief historical overview or you could do a brief overview of the economy either in a factual way or in its current state of stagnation. It al depends on style. You can then decide how you wish to set out your investigation.

If you are going to group it on the 3 areas you say then those can become mini essays.

If you dont know now then collate your research and write down a draft of an essay for each main part, then when finished, review it and see how you want it all to fit together. Rewrite it.

It seems what you lack at the moment is a plan?
Yes I lack a plan indeed. I don’t know how I started writing it without a plan tbh? How would I make the plan?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by GOI983)
Yes I lack a plan indeed. I don’t know how I started writing it without a plan tbh? How would I make the plan?
Tbh its the first thing you do.

Do a mind map of all the ideas in your essay and areas you wnat to cover and questions you wish to ask/ investigate.

Do the research which throws up more ideas.

Adjust the plan. Maybe 10 sections of 400 words each?

Find 10-15 questions you need to investigate or areas you need t cover then start assembling them in a logical order.
GOI983
Rep:
?
Oh so basically the discussion are questions in subheadings that you answer to complete the investigation?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
22.39%
Excited but a bit nervous (117)
45.17%
Not bothered either way (34)
13.13%
I'm really nervous (50)
19.31%

Watched Threads