The Student Room Group

Edinburgh biochemistry

supposedly Edinburgh university has bad student satisfaction? i was really interested in studying biochemistry here but this statistic has thrown me off. had anyone studied here?
Original post by poppy35
supposedly Edinburgh university has bad student satisfaction? i was really interested in studying biochemistry here but this statistic has thrown me off. had anyone studied here?

I'm a first-year student at Edinburgh and I've taken School of Informatics, School of Mathematics and School of Engineering modules (with the last two being in the same campus as BioChem, the King's Buildings)

After one semester, it wouldn't surprise me if the main reason for poor student satisfaction is down to late feedback/lack of 'personalized' feedback from markers. The School of Engineering seems to be particularly poor on this front. Then again, engineering isn't exactly a flagship school at Edinburgh.

The King's Building's facilities are pretty good, there's a library on site with plenty of study space/computers about, but the whole campus just feels a bit.... meh. It's not as grand as the Central Campus where the School of Informatics, BioMed and the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences are based.

You should really give Edinburgh a visit before applying to see if it 'feels' right to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending