The Student Room Group

Master's programme at LSE

Hello,

I am EU citizen starting one year Master's programme at London School of Economics in September 2018. I wanted to know if I am eligible for Student Finance support?

Thank you,

Igor
Original post by igorp
Hello,

I am EU citizen starting one year Master's programme at London School of Economics in September 2018. I wanted to know if I am eligible for Student Finance support?

Thank you,

Igor

Hi Igor,

EU nationals are eligible to receive the postgraduate loan for Masters courses if they:

1) Have been resident in the EU/UK for the 3 years before the start of the academic year.

2) Are resident in England on the first day of the the first year of the course.

If you are an EU national and meet the above criteria, you may be eligible to receive the postgraduate loan for your Masters course.

Kind regards,

John.
Reply 2
Original post by John B SLC
Hi Igor,

EU nationals are eligible to receive the postgraduate loan for Masters courses if they:

1) Have been resident in the EU/UK for the 3 years before the start of the academic year.

2) Are resident in England on the first day of the the first year of the course.

If you are an EU national and meet the above criteria, you may be eligible to receive the postgraduate loan for your Masters course.

Kind regards,

John.

John,

There is one more issue that I would very much appreciate your help with.

When I submit my answers to the online inquiry, I am given the information that I cannot currently apply for student finance. I am confused since based on your previous post I should be eligible. Is it to soon to apply for financing?

Best regards,

Igor
Hi Igor,

It is too soon to apply for a course starting in September 2018. The applications will open for the 2018/19 academic year next summer. As soon as the applications open you should be able to apply online then.

If you keep a check on our social media channels such as on here and Facebook or Twitter, there will be bulletins nearer the time to let you know the expected launch date for Post Graduate Loan applications.

Thanks

Laura :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Laura S SFE
Hi Igor,

It is too soon to apply for a course starting in September 2018. The applications will open for the 2018/19 academic year next summer. As soon as the applications open you should be able to apply online then.

If you keep a check on our social media channels such as on here and Facebook or Twitter, there will be bulletins nearer the time to let you know the expected launch date for Post Graduate Loan applications.

Thanks

Laura :smile:

Laura,

Thank you very much for your answer :smile:

All the best in 2018,

Igor
Hi Igor,

Same to you have a great New Year. :smile:

Thanks, Laura
Reply 6
Hello,

I have 2 more questions now when the application period is open.

1. How can I be sure that my master's programme at LSE makes me eligible for Postgraduate Loan? Criteria require programme to have 180 ECTS and I can't find a straightforward confirmation on my university website (attached picture below for your reference).
Capture.JPG

2. Do I need to move permanently to UK on the 1st day of the first day of the academic year for my course?

Thank you very much for providing answers to my questions.

Best regards,
Igor

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending