The Student Room Group

Choosing A levels!

Hi, I'm in Year 11 and am thinking about a level choices. I'm considering chemistry but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any tips or advice? Some would be much appreciated!
Reply 1
Original post by btt_00
Hi, I'm in Year 11 and am thinking about a level choices. I'm considering chemistry but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any tips or advice? Some would be much appreciated!

I did chemistry for my A levels and I enjoyed it a lot and now it’s my favourite subject which I am studying at university.
If you are willing to work hard and you enjoy the subject then you should choose chemistry.
Reply 2
Original post by btt_00

maths??
Original post by btt_00

Look at the subjects you do know and consider the ones you enjoy the most.

Look at the subjects your chosen sixth forms/colleges provide and look at the relevant exam board's specification of them (online).

TSR subject forums are gems for this kind of thing. Each one will have a thread/article thing on which A-Level variant of that subject entails and will have lots of information on workload, exams etc.

Also, take your time and choose the subjects YOU want to do. Don't follow the crowd.
hey! think first about what you enjoy, it's essential that you like the subjects you're taking, or the best grades probably won't be achieved. obviously how good at the subject you are must be taken into account too, so my advice is, once you get your GCSE results back, take a look at what subjects you did best in, and choose the ones you enjoy out of that. :smile:
Original post by nyxnko_
maths??

makes me shudder. Sorry😂
thanks for all the replies!!
Reply 7
Original post by btt_00
makes me shudder. Sorry😂

:laugh: it's not for everyone

Quick Reply

Latest