aade_6
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm in Year 12, i'm wondering if a marketing degree is really worth it nowadays.

I plan on studying Marketing at University after.
BellaWhiskers
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well if you have passion then that’s great. My aunt did masters in marketing and struggled what to do next. It is a very popular area but I’m sure you are passionate enough to be part of the top 5%.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aade_6)
I'm in Year 12, i'm wondering if a marketing degree is really worth it nowadays.

What is your plan after the degree? Have you researched what degree consist of, and the things you'll learn? If it's to become a Marketer then a degree in Marketing isn't required at all. In fact, if you don't want to go uni you could always do a School Leaver programme at one of the top Finance firms in Marketing.
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aade_6)

Hey!

I'm a first-year Management & Marketing undergraduate at University of Bath and I can tell you the course really does shape your business vision and enables you to develop essential skills such as team-work and multicultural communication. It also offers you the opportunity to get involved in such interesting projects like being a student ambassador or a student trainer. These experiences along with volunteering, learning a new language for free at university and getting involved in societies give you a huge advantage when it comes to building the career you desire.

A marketing degree is worth it because it comes with the whole package: the university experience, coursework, valuable modules that are turned into practical group projects, exams that build your knowledge and all the connections you are making whilst at uni. Be careful when you choose the university and look at the course to make sure it is something you will enjoy.

Good luck! If you have any questions don't hesitate to quote me.

Elena
Minty
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I’m head of marketing at TSR and, unsurprisingly, I love marketing. I also worked at a uni before so I know a little bit about marketing degrees.
You don’t necessarily need a marketing degree to get a marketing job. But obvs it helps.
There are loads of entry level marketing jobs so getting a moderately well paid grad job is very achievable.
Also many / most marketing degrees have lots of common elements with business or management degrees, so if you decide marketing isn’t for you you should have loss of transferrable skills - and you should be able to switch to a business degree or similar during your time at uni if you didn’t like it.
If you do want to do marketing as a job I can’t recommend work experience or an internship enough. You’ll learn loads. Now / soon would be a great time to send your cv to marketing and HR directors in local businesses (definitely consider sending them to marketing and ad agencies - you’d learn loads there)
Lyons1310
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi elena is there anyway i would be able to contact you personally.I have some questions and dont really want to ask them on here
Lyons1310
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by University of Bath)
Hey!

I'm a first-year Management & Marketing undergraduate at University of Bath and I can tell you the course really does shape your business vision and enables you to develop essential skills such as team-work and multicultural communication. It also offers you the opportunity to get involved in such interesting projects like being a student ambassador or a student trainer. These experiences along with volunteering, learning a new language for free at university and getting involved in societies give you a huge advantage when it comes to building the career you desire.

A marketing degree is worth it because it comes with the whole package: the university experience, coursework, valuable modules that are turned into practical group projects, exams that build your knowledge and all the connections you are making whilst at uni. Be careful when you choose the university and look at the course to make sure it is something you will enjoy.

Good luck! If you have any questions don't hesitate to quote me.

Elena
Hi did you start fresh with bath university or have you been to others.
Can you message me so i can get a clear picture of what this campus is like please
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (626)
33.69%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (783)
42.14%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (366)
19.7%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.47%

Watched Threads