The Student Room Group

Statistical Analysis Help

Scroll to see replies

no no don’t do sign test 😂 if you have different participants in both conditions then you don’t have a repeated measures design
if you could then i would change the procedure to that it seems a lot easier! (only if you have time)
Reply 22
Original post by chocochip_
if you could then i would change the procedure to that it seems a lot easier! (only if you have time)

Alright great! I'll do that then. Thanks a bunch.

If I did do that. WHat test would I do again?
Okay so you would get participants (opportunity sampling maybe) maybe at a local community centre and ask them whether they’re available at the time and date, get their informed consent and ask them whether they’re willing for their data to be used, tell them they have a right to withdraw and can be anonymous if they wish, you will show participants 2 photos, one of the area before regeneration and one after regeneration as participants will be in both conditions this is a repeated measures design, after they’ve seen each picture for a minute each give them a questionnare, 2 questions, and ask them: on a scale of 1-10 how do you feel about the picture (could be what they think of the design of the area/how the picture makes them feel) this would produce ordinal data: repeated measures, ordinal data, difference therefore wilcoxon!
Wilcoxon isn’t too bad, type in Wilcoxon test on to google and just type in your results! the computer will automatically do it for you!!!
Reply 25
Wilcoxon isn’t too bad, type in Wilcoxon test on to google and just type in your results! the computer will automatically do it for you!!!

Hi just wanted to say thanks for the help! My teacher is very impressed with the statistical test that I used. Thanks to you haha. It's one no one else in the class is doing :biggrin:
i’m so happy it worked out, what subject was this for?? :smile:
Reply 27
i’m so happy it worked out, what subject was this for?? :smile:

Geography :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest