is she a real friend or not Watch

Jmonay
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
so I've been friends with this girl since the 7th grade 11 years ago .. through out the years we've been best friends ...she can be selfish and stand offish but some how i surpass that and I'm a listening ear for her because she's always going through stuff and getting mistreated by other s. so i noticed when she calls me i miss the call when I'm not by my phone i return the call a hour or so later she doesn't pick up it goes straight to voice mail or send a automatic text saying she's busy and will back and never call back .. or even when i text her she will leave me on read and won't answer at all and she will text me the next day. ill even ask her for a favor she would straight up say no and if she ask me i dont hesitate to help her. i noticed how she acts with her other friends anyway we were on a four way call with her friends and the convo went left because her friend said some disrespectful subliminal joke towards me and he doesn't even know me the things he said was crazy/rude and she just laughed and didn't tell him to chill out .. so i hung up and she texted back two days later asking if i cut her off and that was rude of me for hanging up ... so i told her off i didn't cut her off by the way .. i just want anyones thoughts on this
RLinds
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
She is not a nice person or friend, and she doesn't respect you. I think she is using you when her other friends don't want to give her sympathy. You deserve better
Jmonay
Rep:
?
(Original post by RLinds)
She is not a nice person or friend, and she doesn't respect you. I think she is using you when her other friends don't want to give her sympathy. You deserve better
Similar to what my mom told me appreciate your response
Synchronise
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If it were me, I'd bluntly tell her it's over.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
Honestly speaking, you and friend might just need a break from each other. You have been friends for 11 years and because your friendship has been lasting for so long, dont break it that easily.
I understand that this might have been going on for a very long time but seriously before taking any irrational or rushed decisions, wait it out a bit.
lose contact with her for some time and see how she responds to this. If she really cares and wants to be your friends then she will make the first step into wondering your reasons for doing so.
And if she doesnt make any moves (maybe because she thinks you need some space), then when you think you are ready to talk to her, tell her all your problems and how you think your friendship is slowly breaking and its hurting you.

I've been through this one too many times and I've lost my best friend because of similar reasons and to be honest, i'm very happy that i dont have her in my life anymore; although i still talk to her sometimes out of respect, i dont have her as that person who always puts me down anymore.

However, i have another friend who i just needed time apart with and after a week, we had a long heartfelt conversation and our friendship is by far the best it has been so far.

So like i was saying, dont make any quick decisions, but take your time into thinking what you really want to do and maybe, if you think it will help, take some time apart, talk to other friends and see how you feel about it
Jmonay
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Honestly speaking, you and friend might just need a break from each other. You have been friends for 11 years and because your friendship has been lasting for so long, dont break it that easily.
I understand that this might have been going on for a very long time but seriously before taking any irrational or rushed decisions, wait it out a bit.
lose contact with her for some time and see how she responds to this. If she really cares and wants to be your friends then she will make the first step into wondering your reasons for doing so.
And if she doesnt make any moves (maybe because she thinks you need some space), then when you think you are ready to talk to her, tell her all your problems and how you think your friendship is slowly breaking and its hurting you.

I've been through this one too many times and I've lost my best friend because of similar reasons and to be honest, i'm very happy that i dont have her in my life anymore; although i still talk to her sometimes out of respect, i dont have her as that person who always puts me down anymore.

However, i have another friend who i just needed time apart with and after a week, we had a long heartfelt conversation and our friendship is by far the best it has been so far.

So like i was saying, dont make any quick decisions, but take your time into thinking what you really want to do and maybe, if you think it will help, take some time apart, talk to other friends and see how you feel about it
thanks a lot I appreciate ur advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (470)
66.67%
No (235)
33.33%

Watched Threads