Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive tried doing everything I can to stop thinking about getting a rejection/offer letter but its stuck on my mind and nothing shifts it . Anyone else feeling like this ?

The link down below is a thread on how to deal with a rejection if anyone wants to pre-emptively read it or to help with a rejection
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4424310

Cambridge Applicant thread here
    Oxford Applicant thread here

ReputationRep:
    what's special about jan 10th ? o_o

ReputationRep:
    Aha i feel exactly the same. My dodgy interview performance doesnt exactly help either. I guess all we can do is wait. All the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Froppy)
    what's special about jan 10th ? o_o
    When people who applied to Oxbridge find out if they've been rejected or have an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stopopups)
    Aha i feel exactly the same. My dodgy interview performance doesnt exactly help either. I guess all we can do is wait. All the best!
    I feel the same, I feel like I did good till the second interview and fudged it up, can't do anything now tho. All the best to you too my dude

ReputationRep:
    Same!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally f'ed up my interview and have been thinking about the consequences and the actual interview incessantly. All I want is to know my results!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilAndTheo)
    Same!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally f'ed up my interview and have been thinking about the consequences and the actual interview incessantly. All I want is to know my results!!!!!!!
    you've been describing my mental torment perfectly, its almost making me wish I was rejected pre-interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight22)
    you've been describing my mental torment perfectly, its almost making me wish I was rejected pre-interview
    What's the point of thinking about it, if there is nothing you can do about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParkHyungSuk)
    I wish I could stop thinking about it, I feel like my mind won't switch off about it.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could stop thinking about it, I feel like my mind won't switch off about it.
    What/Where are you hoping to study exactly?

ReputationRep:
    What/Where are you hoping to study exactly?
    Fine Art at Oxford, namely Brasenose

ReputationRep:
    No one thinks that thinking about it will change anything. The reason why people (well at least for me) think about it is because it is something we can't control. As soon as my mind drifts, it instantly goes to "Oxford/Cambridge" interviews. From there, my mind goes down a dark pathway known as pessimism. If I could make myself stop thinking about it, I would. I wish I can continue with my life normally as if the interviews never happened until the 10th but it is extremely hard. I guess some people are also mourning early as well.

ReputationRep:
    Fine Art at Oxford, namely Brasenose
    The name Brasenose makes me laugh, I'm too immature.

ReputationRep:
    I am also like 99.9% sure that I am going to get a rejection.......... FML

ReputationRep:
    No one thinks that thinking about it will change anything. The reason why people (well at least for me) think about it is because it is something we can't control. As soon as my mind drifts, it instantly goes to "Oxford/Cambridge" interviews. From there, my mind goes down a dark pathway known as pessimism. If I could make myself stop thinking about it, I would. I wish I can continue with my life normally as if the interviews never happened until the 10th but it is extremely hard. I guess some people are also mourning early as well.
    How bad do you want it?

ReputationRep:
    My mind flits between pessimism and imagining myself there, I didn't imagine waiting would be the hardest bit. Plus I've never waited this long before, I waited about 10 ish days to hear I got an interview. This is hell

ReputationRep:
    Whatever happens good luck to everybody in their future careers!!

ReputationRep:
    My mind flits between pessimism and imagining myself there, I didn't imagine waiting would be the hardest bit. Plus I've never waited this long before, I waited about 10 ish days to hear I got an interview. This is hell
    10 days?! I waited for 21 days for the interview invitation... I had to do the pre-interview test though so maybe that is why.

ReputationRep:
    So bad that I am willing to castrate (I am a guy) myself if that meant I would get an offer. Legit, not even joking.
    No way :gasp: How did you find the interviews?

ReputationRep:
    The name Brasenose makes me laugh, I'm too immature.
    sameeee, sounds like a bad pun

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.