Can't stop thinking about Jan 10th - Oxbridge decisions 2018

Watch
Starlight22
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Ive tried doing everything I can to stop thinking about getting a rejection/offer letter but its stuck on my mind and nothing shifts it . Anyone else feeling like this ?

The link down below is a thread on how to deal with a rejection if anyone wants to pre-emptively read it or to help with a rejection
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4424310

Cambridge Applicant thread here
Oxford Applicant thread here
Froppy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what's special about jan 10th ? o_o
stopopups
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Aha i feel exactly the same. My dodgy interview performance doesnt exactly help either. I guess all we can do is wait. All the best!
Starlight22
Rep:
?
(Original post by Froppy)
what's special about jan 10th ? o_o
When people who applied to Oxbridge find out if they've been rejected or have an offer
Starlight22
Rep:
?
(Original post by stopopups)
Aha i feel exactly the same. My dodgy interview performance doesnt exactly help either. I guess all we can do is wait. All the best!
I feel the same, I feel like I did good till the second interview and fudged it up, can't do anything now tho. All the best to you too my dude
Starlight22
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhilAndTheo)
Same!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally f'ed up my interview and have been thinking about the consequences and the actual interview incessantly. All I want is to know my results!!!!!!!
you've been describing my mental torment perfectly, its almost making me wish I was rejected pre-interview
ParkHyungSuk
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Starlight22)
you've been describing my mental torment perfectly, its almost making me wish I was rejected pre-interview
What's the point of thinking about it, if there is nothing you can do about it?
Starlight22
Rep:
?
(Original post by ParkHyungSuk)
I wish I could stop thinking about it, I feel like my mind won't switch off about it.
ParkHyungSuk
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wish I could stop thinking about it, I feel like my mind won't switch off about it.
What/Where are you hoping to study exactly?
Starlight22
Rep:
?
What/Where are you hoping to study exactly?
Fine Art at Oxford, namely Brasenose
username3570632
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No one thinks that thinking about it will change anything. The reason why people (well at least for me) think about it is because it is something we can't control. As soon as my mind drifts, it instantly goes to "Oxford/Cambridge" interviews. From there, my mind goes down a dark pathway known as pessimism. If I could make myself stop thinking about it, I would. I wish I can continue with my life normally as if the interviews never happened until the 10th but it is extremely hard. I guess some people are also mourning early as well.
ParkHyungSuk
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Fine Art at Oxford, namely Brasenose
The name Brasenose makes me laugh, I'm too immature.
username3570632
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am also like 99.9% sure that I am going to get a rejection.......... FML
ParkHyungSuk
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No one thinks that thinking about it will change anything. The reason why people (well at least for me) think about it is because it is something we can't control. As soon as my mind drifts, it instantly goes to "Oxford/Cambridge" interviews. From there, my mind goes down a dark pathway known as pessimism. If I could make myself stop thinking about it, I would. I wish I can continue with my life normally as if the interviews never happened until the 10th but it is extremely hard. I guess some people are also mourning early as well.
How bad do you want it?
Starlight22
Rep:
?
My mind flits between pessimism and imagining myself there, I didn't imagine waiting would be the hardest bit. Plus I've never waited this long before, I waited about 10 ish days to hear I got an interview. This is hell
erratic_deus
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Whatever happens good luck to everybody in their future careers!!
username3570632
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My mind flits between pessimism and imagining myself there, I didn't imagine waiting would be the hardest bit. Plus I've never waited this long before, I waited about 10 ish days to hear I got an interview. This is hell
10 days?! I waited for 21 days for the interview invitation... I had to do the pre-interview test though so maybe that is why.
ParkHyungSuk
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So bad that I am willing to castrate (I am a guy) myself if that meant I would get an offer. Legit, not even joking.
No way :gasp: How did you find the interviews?
Starlight22
Rep:
?
The name Brasenose makes me laugh, I'm too immature.
sameeee, sounds like a bad pun
ParkHyungSuk
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
sameeee, sounds like a bad pun
Lol, hope you get in though, I won't be in this situation for years yet
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (626)
33.71%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (782)
42.11%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (366)
19.71%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise