lifeissues
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hii,
Im hoping to apply for NTU for 2018 entry through Ucas extra. However, Ucas extra doesn't open until late February and NTU accommodation starts in late January. I'm just wondering if I put NTU as my firm will I be guaranteed on campus (Brackenhurst) accommodation or will the fact ill be applying a month late prevent me from getting it?

I live 2 and a half hours away by train and by car, so accommodation is needed.

Thanks!
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lifeissues)
Hii,
Im hoping to apply for NTU for 2018 entry through Ucas extra. However, Ucas extra doesn't open until late February and NTU accommodation starts in late January. I'm just wondering if I put NTU as my firm will I be guaranteed on campus (Brackenhurst) accommodation or will the fact ill be applying a month late prevent me from getting it?

Thanks!

Their website says you'll be guaranteed accommodation if you firm them
https://www.ntu.ac.uk/university-lif.../accommodation
Postgraduate study at NTU
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lifeissues)
Hii,

Thanks!
Hi lifeissues

That's great news you're hoping to apply to NTU - best of luck with your application!

At NTU we guarantee accommodation if we are your firm choice and you book accommodation before 31st July. However, this is not always necessarily in the halls of your choosing.

I wouldn't let the January booking date put you off as February is still pretty early in the cycle for booking accommodation. Whilst it may seem that halls could fill up quickly there will still be a lot of students waiting on other offers before deciding to book with us, and Brackenhurst has plenty of room! If worst comes to worst there are always other options like living in the City and commuting to Brackenhurst on the bus - whatever situation you find yourself in come February there's plenty of support to help you out!

I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions just let us know!

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (216)
52.3%
No, they should still go ahead (58)
14.04%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (139)
33.66%

Watched Threads