The Student Room Group

Should any vaccines be required for children?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alpha boy
It sickens me that people want the state to be able to forcibly stick needles in children. It is an anti-freedom and anti-British perspective. Parents should get to decide whether their children get vaccines.

Whose freedom?

The freedom of The child to contract life threatening diseases as well as spreadi g them amongst the population or the parents right to treat their child as a possession?
Vaccines should be mandatory for children able to receive them. Some genuinely can't due to allergies/bad reactions to previous doses. Vaccinating doesn't just protect your child; it protects those who cannot be vaccinated. Herd immunity is required to protect the vulnerable. Why some parents would put their own child (and other people's children) at risk of disease is beyond me.
(edited 6 years ago)
It is a fairly basic cornerstone of medical ethics. Here is what the BMA has to say:

https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employment/ethics/medical-students-ethics-toolkit/2-autonomy-or-self-determination

True, but that just says 'it's an ethics issue', no mention of support (or otherwise) from doctors. The doctors I know (admittedly a small number) support mandatory vaccination on public health grounds.
Reply 23
It sickens me that people want the state to be able to forcibly stick needles in children. It is an anti-freedom and anti-British perspective. Parents should get to decide whether their children get vaccines.

You do know it is not solely about the child getting vaccinated right? Its for the safety of everyone else as well. If some dipshit parents refuse to vaccinate their child and it gets Polio or something fun like that itll put everyone else at risk.

It sickens some parents think there children are their property and they got the right to refuse to let their children have vaccines. If a parent refuses to have their child vaccinated put their child and other children at risk of death the child should put in foster care.
Really an a debate on giving vaccines???

I really dislike some people
I think vaccines should be compulsory for certain illnesses, yes. There is huge risk to both your child and others if you neglect to get them vaccinated.
Original post by Lucky10
I have heard more and more of this lately. I personally think it should be required. What do you think?

In some countries, benefits are being withheld from those who prefer not to vaccinate their children.

The masses are being vaccinated in order to protect the elite. That is the real meaning of the phrase 'herd immunity'. The elite don't care how many vaccinations they impose upon the general public because their aim is to eradicate the viruses without participating in the eradication procedure. Collateral damage is not a problem for it will not affect them. If they want any vaccinations for themselves they will have their own special vaccines. There is also the question of whether any of the vaccines made for the masses are being deliberately contaminated by the elite in order to cull the world population. 7 billion people is too many for them to manage.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Hey_Its_Cerian
Vaccines should be mandatory for children able to receive them. Some genuinely can't due to allergies/bad reactions to previous doses. Vaccinating doesn't just protect your child; it protects those who cannot be vaccinated. Herd immunity is required to protect the vulnerable. Why some parents would put their own child (and other people's children) at risk of disease is beyond me.

Do you think that vaccines should be compulsory for Bill Gates or is he exempt?
Reply 29
Yes, antivaxxers should be considered child abusers or neglectful. Not to mention the duty to society and public health.
Original post by whynot321
Do you think that vaccines should be compulsory for Bill Gates or is he exempt?

My initial comment was about children in particular as I was addressing the title of the thread: Should any vaccines be compulsory for children? Something along the lines of that.

Of course they should be compulsory for children. However, to address your question: they should be compulsory for everyone (including Bill Gates) who is able to receive them, regardless of age.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Napp
You do know it is not solely about the child getting vaccinated right? Its for the safety of everyone else as well. If some dipshit parents refuse to vaccinate their child and it gets Polio or something fun like that itll put everyone else at risk.

There are some problems with your philosophy:

1. The organisation making the vaccines could theoretically be evil. How do you know they are not using the vaccination programme to achieve other things, such as covert sterilization and induced illnesses in order to reduce the world population?

2. If you vaccinate everybody there will be collateral damage.

3. The elite will not be having the 30 to 40 recommended NHS vaccines. They prefer to rely on 'herd immunity'.

4. Are you a paid shill?
My initial comment was about children in particular as I was addressing the title of the thread: Should any vaccines be compulsory for children? Something along the lines of that.

Of course they should be compulsory for children. However, to address your question: they should be compulsory for everyone (including Bill Gates) who is able to receive them, regardless of age.

Why hasn't he had them, then?
Why hasn't he had them, then?

Why are you asking me to comment on him? I haven't the foggiest idea why he hasn't been vaccinated, have I? Who has? I can't comment on anyone's individual circumstances...asking me to do so is deferring the subject in question i.e children! That was the original debate!

People, regardless of age, wealth should get vaccinated if they're able to. Simple! I can't comment on anyone's individual circumstances. So I politely deny the opportunity to do so.
(edited 6 years ago)
Why are you asking me to comment on him? I haven't the foggiest idea why he hasn't been vaccinated, have I? Who has? I can't comment on anyone's individual circumstances...

Because Bill Gates is one of the main people who are pushing mandatory vaccination programmes.

He has already vaccinated half of the third world and deliberately sterilized some of them in the process. He is a known eugenicist and makes no secret of the fact that he thinks there are too many people on the planet.
Original post by mojojojo101
Whose freedom?

The freedom of The child to contract life threatening diseases as well as spreadi g them amongst the population or the parents right to treat their child as a possession?

Will the elite who are pushing mandatory vaccinations be having the vaccinations themselves?
Will the elite who are pushing mandatory vaccinations be having the vaccinations themselves?

Yes.

Unless by 'elite' you mean the kind of idiots who work in Silicon Valley and swear by the medical miracle that is 'raw water'.
Reply 37
Original post by Lucky10
I have heard more and more of this lately. I personally think it should be required. What do you think?

I'm not sure. Vaccines doesn't help me. I don't feel any different, apart from being angry from them.

I heard they put mercury and strong pathogens to kill us in the vaccines. If they didn't kills us, they put something in it that I wouldn't want.

If it's free and supposedly did not work. I would not run the risk of recommending it. Someone's daughter nearly died from a Flu shot after not listening to her parent, saying not to take it.

I can't force anyone to in believe in the truth, even the ones I love known me for so long. No one trust each other for the rights reasons. Many been brainwash and foolish. Everyone knows something, yet knows nothing. Very troublesome... half truth and half lies makes a lie.

If people are going to take vaccine and are reading this. God bless. God can save/heal a person. Don't be the responsible person of allowing the poisons to kill because it can kill.

I think I know, but don't know how to prove it. We learnt in science people can die from taking a vaccine, but not really mentioning it. Maybe the teachers think it's hardly happening.

If you are fortunate enough,not be forced in vaccination, don't take the vaccine. Not to the child, adults, elderly. Peer Pressure is a real thing. Some don't even know they are doing it.

Jesus made our body perfect. Hang on.

You can call me crazy and insane, but don't keep on insulting each other. It's not good for the heart and mind. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Correct me please.Have wisdom and not foolishness.

Christ's children need to speak. Thanks for reading.
Reply 38
There are some problems with your philosophy:

No there arent.

1. The organisation making the vaccines could theoretically be evil. How do you know they are not using the vaccination programme to achieve other things, such as covert sterilization and induced illnesses in order to reduce the world population?

2. If you vaccinate everybody there will be collateral damage.

3. The elite will not be having the 30 to 40 recommended NHS vaccines. They prefer to rely on 'herd immunity'.

4. Are you a paid shill?

1. Stop being such a dullard.
2. Pray tell what?
3. and who are this 'elite' of which you speak?
4. If by paid shill you mean not a blithering moron who believes in crack pot conspiracy theories. Sure.
I see this thread has attracted a fair few ****wits.

If vaccines were some massive conspiracy to kill off or sterilise the population, then they've failed. Massively.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending