Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Can someone please answer my ucas problems!

When entering music grades do you enter them all..... grades 1-8?

Also, what is the code for edexcel when entering the exam board?

Please help me!!!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    anyone??????
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I think someone said that the E was Edexcel. Not sure about the music grades but I'd imagine you just go with the most recent one.
    Jenn xx

ReputationRep:
    thanks, yeh i thought that was the case with the 'E'. Argh its so confusing, I think I'd probably prefer to fill in the form by hand!

ReputationRep:
    Just put in the last grade you did for each instrument. You can also put in theory grades.

MB

ReputationRep:
    E does stand for Edexcel (stupid system grrrr) and you should enter your most recent grade UNLESS
    a) you've got to G7 or G8 cos u get points for 6, 7 and 8 so if you've done them it's worth adding them in
    b) you didn't do great in your most recent exam - e.g. you got a distinction in ur G5 but then only jus passed ur G6 in which case (obviously only if ur applying for music or scholarships or something where they care other than that your a "well rounded person who is dedicated to your hobby") you can put in the previous one as well

Bekaboo x

ReputationRep:
    I'd just put your most recent grades for each subject, both theory and practical, and I'd put distinction, merit or pass rather than the mark.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you got, and if you want them to know. I put in all my grades 1-8, because they were all distinctions. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comma)
    Depends what you got, and if you want them to know. I put in all my grades 1-8, because they were all distinctions. :cool:
    I think this approach is slightly OTT. They're not going to care about a grade 1 distinction if you also have a grade 8 distinction on the same instrument are they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicman)
    I think this approach is slightly OTT. They're not going to care about a grade 1 distinction if you also have a grade 8 distinction on the same instrument are they?
    Maybe But I was kinda desperate to get in

ReputationRep:
    it says to only put down your most recent grade. also, although you get points for 6, 7 and 8, i don't think it means you can add them all up - i have 6, 7 and 8 on two instruments, but i only put down the highest. at teh time that was one 8 and one 7, and i put the second 8 in the "pending exams" box because i was about to take it. and put your theory in as well because you get points for that.

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.