Kt100
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am currently in year 11 who has to start thinking about A level options. I have my first I am stuck on my third option. My absolute dream is to be an actress however I understand that acting is a risky career choice which is why I am choosing to still continue with my A levels so I can have something to fall back on. The other career I am interested in is psychology which is why I am choosing biology, psychology’s and AS core maths but I am debating whether to pick English literature,sociology or drama A level as my third option. I do drama outside of school so it’s not like I have nothing to do with drama however drama A level does interest me as I didn’t choose it as a GCSE. My parents do not want me to choose acting as a career and instead are advising me to pick English Literature , so what option do you think I should choose?
have
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kt100)
I am currently in year 11 who has to start thinking about A level options. I have my first I am stuck on my third option. My absolute dream is to be an actress however I understand that acting is a risky career choice which is why I am choosing to still continue with my A levels so I can have something to fall back on. The other career I am interested in is psychology which is why I am choosing biology, psychology’s and AS core maths but I am debating whether to pick English literature,sociology or drama A level as my third option. I do drama outside of school so it’s not like I have nothing to do with drama however drama A level does interest me as I didn’t choose it as a GCSE. My parents do not want me to choose acting as a career and instead are advising me to pick English Literature , so what option do you think I should choose?
You have to choose between English Literature and Drama A Level. Check on the exact specification because often at A Level, it's Theatre Studies as opposed to Drama. English Literature is seen as a more rigorous choice by Universities, which if you end up doing Psychology, would give you a better chance of getting in.
Drama A Level isn't really going to help you in anyway become an actress. If you enjoy Literature, and would be happy doing it, I would pick Literature.
YEezzy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don';t knbow whgat to do my elf
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (54)
29.51%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.57%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
22.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (16)
8.74%
No - I live at home during term anyway (48)
26.23%

Watched Threads