The Student Room Group

Am I old?

So I live in Canada and I’m finishing up my Bachelor of Honours now, and then I plan on coming to the UK for an LLB, anyways i’ll be 22 soon, do you think that will make me feel awkward at all in terms of other people at uni or is that normal?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by itslulu
So I live in Canada and I’m finishing up my Bachelor of Honours now, and then I plan on coming to the UK for an LLB, anyways i’ll be 22 soon, do you think that will make me feel awkward at all in terms of other people at uni or is that normal?

Thanks

You're far from old...

I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 2
Very normal. Most students will be between 18-23. You'll fit in just fine.
Reply 3
Original post by trapking
You're far from old..

LMAO i know! just in relation to everyone else? idk just curious
I medically deferred my LLB in 2013. Now applying to go back aged 22. Extreme anxiety about it.
My law class was predominantly older people. Also people dont really care.

My main concern is grinding the legal ladder after my degree. I have friends that have done their LLB, masters and doing their LPC...

What Uni are you going to?
Reply 5
Original post by caveatcashmere
I medically deferred my LLB in 2013. Now applying to go back aged 22. Extreme anxiety about it.
My law class was predominantly older people. Also people dont really care.

My main concern is grinding the legal ladder after my degree. I have friends that have done their LLB, masters and doing their LPC...

What Uni are you going to?

Okay good, i think i’d appreciate a more mature crowd. I’ll probably be going to Uni of Birmingham because they have a 2 year LLB for graduates so i think it’ll be great.
Original post by itslulu
Okay good, i think i’d appreciate a more mature crowd. I’ll probably be going to Uni of Birmingham because they have a 2 year LLB for graduates so i think it’ll be great.

Look at the University of Law. They have accelerated courses available within London
Reply 7
Original post by caveatcashmere
Look at the University of Law. They have accelerated courses available within London

I got accepted there before! But i just wasn’t a fan of the Uni, it doesn’t seem too great idk. What are your thoughts on it?
Original post by itslulu
LMAO i know! just in relation to everyone else? idk just curious

Some people start university at 25+...the age group is generally quite diverse so you won't be old at all.

I remember one day, I randomly got into a conversation with one of the girls on my course and to my genuine surprise she told me she had just turned 18 and I thought that was crazy since my other course mates were around 21/22/23 (but she was from an international school in the Philippines so maybe it's different there :lol: ).
Reply 9
Some people start university at 25+...the age group is generally quite diverse so you won't be old at all.

I remember one day, I randomly got into a conversation with one of the girls on my course and to my genuine surprise she told me she had just turned 18 and I thought that was crazy since my other course mates were around 21/22/23 (but she was from an international school in the Philippines so maybe it's different there :lol: ).

LOL jeeezzz okay that makes sense, it’s pretty much like canada then. yay!
Original post by itslulu
I got accepted there before! But i just wasn’t a fan of the Uni, it doesn’t seem too great idk. What are your thoughts on it?

My main concern is employability. I feel like city law firms look down on accelerated degrees in general. I am so unsure its frustrating. The statistics are not that compelling. The degree they provide is geared towards students who want to be lawyers.
Original post by itslulu
LOL jeeezzz okay that makes sense, it’s pretty much like canada then. yay!

It seems it's quite popular for Canadians to come to the UK to do postgrad Law courses!

Met two people just like you in my last year of university :lol:
Reply 12
It seems it's quite popular for Canadians to come to the UK to do postgrad Law courses!

Met two people just like you in my last year of university :lol:

yeah a lot of us do that! it’s common
Original post by itslulu
yeah a lot of us do that! it’s common

Out of curiosity, how do you finance it?
Reply 14
Original post by David B
Out of curiosity, how do you finance it?

I’m not sure how other people do it, personally i’m just fortunate and happen to have parents that are paying for it.

Maybe a bank loan?
Fookin hell m8. You’re the same age as my grandad.
Reply 16
Original post by Kevin Hodge

is he single?
Reply 17
Original post by Kevin Hodge

wow you hilarious. What a comedey genius you are.
22,old?
Don't do crack kids.
Reply 19
Original post by arizonaidiot
22,old?
Don't do crack kids.

don’t be mean. i’m moving far away from my family and just wanted to get an idea about my soon-to-be surroundings. it’s a simple question no need to be an ass.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending