username1003420
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
so on spss I had a column for gender and under this column was either male or female, so I manually deleted male and wrote 1 in it's place and I also manually deleted female and wrote 2 in it's place. By manually I mean by typing is this ok? I also did this for other things but again I used the same number for each category like I did with gender. That's ok right? As in I don't have to do anything else before doing statistical tests right?
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tammie123)
so on spss I had a column for gender and under this column was either male or female, so I manually deleted male and wrote 1 in it's place and I also manually deleted female and wrote 2 in it's place. By manually I mean by typing is this ok? I also did this for other things but again I used the same number for each category like I did with gender. That's ok right?
What's SPSS?
username1003420
Rep:
?
please someone answer, I can't sleep
username1003420
Rep:
?
??????
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lemur14)
What's SPSS?
A computer programme used to do statistical tests.

OP I think that'll be fine. Try doing a test and see what happens.
username1003420
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)

I did some tests and it gives me answers so its fine right
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)

Ahh thanks...here was me thinking it was some biology term since this is in the biology forum :lol:
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lemur14)
Ahh thanks...here was me thinking it was some biology term since this is in the biology forum :lol:
Ah on the app I can't see the forum. It could be used in Biology too, as it's a widely used programme.
Asklepios
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tammie123)
so on spss I had a column for gender and under this column was either male or female, so I manually deleted male and wrote 1 in it's place and I also manually deleted female and wrote 2 in it's place. By manually I mean by typing is this ok? I also did this for other things but again I used the same number for each category like I did with gender. That's ok right? As in I don't have to do anything else before doing statistical tests right?
Should be fine, but make sure to specify in the variable view that you are using categorical variables (in fact if you do that, then it should be fine to just use 'male' and 'female'!).
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why is this appearing on my latest section of the app when no one has said anything for 2 months?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (173)
14.62%
I'm not sure (54)
4.56%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (345)
29.16%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.96%
I'm not a current university student (576)
48.69%

Watched Threads