sam332
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello everyone,

I've had an interview during early December and the grueling wait for the 10th of January has made me think more and more about the interview. In my last interview I was interviewed by two fellows at the college which is quite common. However, thinking back I realise that one of the interviewers would always be on his phone when the other person was asking questions. This seemed really peculiar and does that mean they've written me off as a competitive applicant? I'm just very worried that the interviewer didn't take me very seriously. (The one on the phone was also the director of studies for the subject that I've applied for) . Does anyone have any ideas what this could mean? Thanks in advance.
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ehh probably not worth reading too much into. Very unprofessional from the DOS though.
Hugh's Swan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
By on the phone do you mean speaking or tapping? If tapping maybe he / she was just making notes?
sam332
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hugh's Swan)
By on the phone do you mean speaking or tapping? If tapping maybe he / she was just making notes?
Just looking through his phone scrolling/tapping
Ruthie2267
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sam332)
Just looking through his phone scrolling/tapping
He was probably note-taking, especially if he wasn’t writing anything down on paper which is how interviewers tend to make notes about applicants

Try not to worry about it - there’s nothing you can do, and even he wasn’t paying attention there’s a reason they give you multiple interviews with multiple interviewers
sam332
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ruthie2267)
He was probably note-taking, especially if he wasn’t writing anything down on paper which is how interviewers tend to make notes about applicants

Try not to worry about it - there’s nothing you can do, and even he wasn’t paying attention there’s a reason they give you multiple interviews with multiple interviewers
I hope so. Thanks for the kind words
Ruthie2267
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sam332)
I hope so. Thanks for the kind words
Haha no problem - good luck for the 10th! But make sure you enjoy the rest of your holiday before then! (and you’d be surprised how many people who get offers come out of their interviews thinking their interviewers hated them 😂)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (235)
66.57%
No (118)
33.43%

Watched Threads