?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How do you study English?
abhinair3004
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Reading is the only way to study English. When you read the material repeatedly , it starts to connect with you and you can understand the meanings behind the words. It will also help your vocabulary.
Hope this helped
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by emmatay03)
How do you study English?
For literature make essay plans for every character in the play,book and how they are presented so you could use this and mold the essay into any other essay as long as you know the characters inside out and make sure you do 3 paragrahs,1 how they are presented in the beginning,2nd in the middle and thrn 3rd at the end and say how they changed from the beginning so you have a structure point and you can do some analysis.Make sure you have quotes for each paragraph and just remember the short ones.For the poems write key points for e.g. I did power and conflict,so how power and conflict is presented and then do like a table in one column write one poem name and then in the other and compare them,kind if like a for against table e.g. In poem x power and conflict is presented as ... and in the other column write how its done in the other one and mention some unique points,something along those lines.We did some of this stuff in class,this is what our teacher recommended us to do.I did it last year and got an 8 for literature,ask if you have anymore questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (55)
39.86%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
16.67%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
4.35%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (14)
10.14%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (15)
10.87%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (12)
8.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
9.42%

Watched Threads