The Student Room Group

I need help with my A level

Hi I am in year 11 and I have been currently been put down to foundation in science for my mocks I hope to do higher again In Shaa Allah . For my a-levels I would like to do English literature, psychology and perhaps Biology or Chemistry. I want to be a clinical psychologist In Shaa Allah but I am starting to doubt not to be able to do a level science. Do you need to do a level sciences to do psychology? Most universities advise to have a science is there a way to avoid it? P.s. how is double science grades done do they add all the science gcse papers together or separately e.g they add the two physic papers, two biology and 2 chemistry?
(edited 6 years ago)
You get 2 grades for double science:
Chemistry, Biology & Physics combined with a 1 paper per subject to give you an overall grade.
Chemistry, Biology & Physics combined with a 1 paper per subject to give you an overall grade.
So overall you sit 2 papers for each science and receive 2 GCSE grades!
Original post by adamantacademic
You get 2 grades for double science:
So overall you sit 2 papers for each science and receive 2 GCSE grades!

Thank you so much! so paper 1 for biology,chemistry and physics give you 1 gcse grade and paper 2 for biology,chemistry and physics give you grade so you end with 2 gcse grades. Thank you so much for the help
Original post by 22CuriousTOKnow
Thank you so much! so paper 1 for biology,chemistry and physics give you 1 gcse grade and paper 2 for biology,chemistry and physics give you grade so you end with 2 gcse grades. Thank you so much for the help

Yep!

Quick Reply

Latest