The Student Room Group

Me and my girlfriend

I understand that a Muslim boy should marry a Muslim girl but I am deeply in love with a girl named Louise and I don’t want to lose her, truth is we got together on the 25th June this year and today is our 7 month anniversary I just don’t know how to tell my dad and family about my girlfriend she has had boyfriends but none of them understood her and the pain she has been through in the past I want to marry my girlfriend but can my family really judge Louise just because she’s Christian without meeting her and getting to know her

Scroll to see replies

As long as your family aren't narrow minded it should be fine.
Reply 2
If your parents are the conventional Muslim family, here's some advice - don't tell them anything. If they find out the likely case is they won't like it/they'll make you break it off. My philosophy is flawed but it's always worked for me, you're not hurting anyone as long as you don't tell them, if you do you are.

It sucks but that's just life growing up in an Islamic household. You'll get away from them when you go off to university anyway.
Original post by Wikia
If your parents are the conventional Muslim family, here's some advice - don't tell them anything. If they find out the likely case is they won't like it/they'll make you break it off. My philosophy is flawed but it's always worked for me, you're not hurting anyone as long as you don't tell them, if you do you are.

It sucks but that's just life growing up in an Islamic household. You'll get away from them when you go off to university anyway.

I know but truth is I lied to my dad when he asked me if that is the real reason I wanted to go to Bournville College in the first place, I deeply deeply deeply love my girlfriend but I don’t think they will accept her being my wife even though I want to marry her from my heart. Does it say in the Quran that I can marry her or is it false information
Reply 4
Original post by HighFructose
If you want Islamic advice, TSR is not the place to ask.

I agree
👍
If you want Islamic advice, TSR is not the place to ask.

What should I do
my cousin brother had a Christian girlfriend and got her pregnant so she converted

as long as she is willing to convert then it's fine- and whatever sins she commits you'll be accountable for it
Original post by Waleedrehman326
What should I do

Ask on Muslim forum like http://www.ummah.com/forum/index.php or https://islamqa.info/en/
Original post by Anonymous
my cousin brother had a Christian girlfriend and got her pregnant so she converted

as long as she is willing to convert then it's fine- and whatever sins she commits you'll be accountable for it

My girlfriend’s mom passed away and her dad can’t even be bothered to find her and I want Louise to be happy with the person she loves because she had many boyfriends but neither of them treated her right she has been through a lot of bad and horrible things in the past and I don’t want those things to happen again

Just to inform you that Islam QA website is not authentic to a variety of sects. Therefore its best not to just give out website without prior research.

I understand that you may not comprehend what I am saying however please do not quote Islam QA without finding out what sect OP is following. Therefore cater the website towards their sect.

Thank you for your co-operation. :smile:
muslims men are allowed to marry christian and jewish women
My girlfriend’s mom passed away and her dad can’t even be bothered to find her and I want Louise to be happy with the person she loves because she had many boyfriends but neither of them treated her right she has been through a lot of bad and horrible things in the past and I don’t want those things to happen again

does she want to convert
I believe in Islam, a Muslim boy can marry any girl 'of the book' (eg, Jewish, Muslim or Christian).
I know but truth is I lied to my dad when he asked me if that is the real reason I wanted to go to Bournville College in the first place, I deeply deeply deeply love my girlfriend but I don’t think they will accept her being my wife even though I want to marry her from my heart. Does it say in the Quran that I can marry her or is it false information

The Quran says males can marry another person as long as they are of Abrahamic faith, aka Muslim, Christian or Jewish
Original post by MiszShortee786
Just to inform you that Islam QA website is not authentic to a variety of sects. Therefore its best not to just give out website without prior research.

I understand that you may not comprehend what I am saying however please do not quote Islam QA without finding out what sect OP is following. Therefore cater the website towards their sect.

IslamQA is a very good source that uses Quran and Sunnah as evidence. It probably doesn't appeal to laxed Muslims though.
IslamQA is a very good source that uses Quran and Sunnah as evidence. It probably doesn't appeal to laxed Muslims though.

I dont want to de-rail this thread. Its a Shafee website. I dont know what sect OP is however they would just believe everything on that site because its there disregarding the sect its talking about.
Original post by MiszShortee786

Is it illegal for me and Louise to marry
A Muslim can marry a Christian or a Jew as long as they are willing to convert after
Teach her about Islam it’s not even a bad religion it’s a religion about peace
Islam is a way of living not “boundaries” so teach her about that x
Islamically speaking, a muslim man is allowed to marry a christian or jewish woman
Original post by choco_monsterxo
Islamically speaking, a muslim man is allowed to marry a christian or jewish woman

Where should we get married because I’d like to marry her in a church

Latest

Trending

Trending