feeling nervous around food

Watch
soph2530
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
sooo for the past week or so I’ve been unable to finish any of my meals, or eat anything at all for that matter, as this nervous feeling comes over me when I’m about to eat. It feels like pre-exam nerves, like I just get really tense and completely lose my appetite. I’ve never experienced anything like this before- I’m not anorexic, I haven’t been ill or anything (apart from a slight cold). Any ideas what’s going on?? xxx
ParkHyungSuk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by soph2530)
sooo for the past week or so I’ve been unable to finish any of my meals, or eat anything at all for that matter, as this nervous feeling comes over me when I’m about to eat. It feels like pre-exam nerves, like I just get really tense and completely lose my appetite. I’ve never experienced anything like this before- I’m not anorexic, I haven’t been ill or anything (apart from a slight cold). Any ideas what’s going on?? xxx
When you say you don't eat anything at all, how do you mean?
soph2530
Rep:
?
(Original post by ParkHyungSuk)
When you say you don't eat anything at all, how do you mean?
well I do eat a bit, but I’ll just pick at it a bit and not want to finish it. I don’t even feel hungry as I write this, and I’ve eaten very little today aside from a few chocolates and a bit of Christmas dinner.
lanababe78
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
are you afraid of gaining weight? is that what is causing the nervousness? your feelings of nervousness around food could indicate a developing eating disorder if they are caused by fear of gaining weight, or of what others are thinking as you eat.
if you would like, you can message me on tsr, as i know the feeling, and hope you get through this xxx
ParkHyungSuk
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
well I do eat a bit, but I’ll just pick at it a bit and not want to finish it. I don’t even feel hungry as I write this, and I’ve eaten very little today aside from a few chocolates and a bit of Christmas dinner.
Well I have no appetite at all either and I never get thirsty so it would be easy for me to just forget to drink water or to eat food, but since I workout I have to count my calories and make sure I eat enough. I don't know that sounds really weird. I doubt it is a medical issue because if it was you probably wouldn't eat at all, but maybe you should see a doctor about it if it's really affecting your life that much?
soph2530
Rep:
?
(Original post by lanababe78)
are you afraid of gaining weight? is that what is causing the nervousness? your feelings of nervousness around food could indicate a developing eating disorder if they are caused by fear of gaining weight, or of what others are thinking as you eat.
if you would like, you can message me on tsr, as i know the feeling, and hope you get through this xxx
idk, I’m a little heavier than I was 2 or 3 years ago, and I would like to lose some weight but on the whole I’m happy at my current weight. It’s strange as I would like to eat, it’s just I have no appetite.
soph2530
Rep:
?
Well I have no appetite at all either and I never get thirsty so it would be easy for me to just forget to drink water or to eat food, but since I workout I have to count my calories and make sure I eat enough. I don't know that sounds really weird. I doubt it is a medical issue because if it was you probably wouldn't eat at all, but maybe you should see a doctor about it if it's really affecting your life that much?
I mean it’s not a massive deal rn, just strange and I think my family think I have a problem as I normally have a huge appetite haha
ParkHyungSuk
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I mean it’s not a massive deal rn, just strange and I think my family think I have a problem as I normally have a huge appetite haha
Would you find it rude if I was to ask your weight/height?
soph2530
Rep:
?
Would you find it rude if I was to ask your weight/height?
No don’t worry about it! I’m 165cm and 54kg
ParkHyungSuk
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No don’t worry about it! I’m 165cm and 54kg
That's a healthy BMI, so you shouldn't really worry about it, losing weight might not be the best thing for you though as your BMImay fall to underweight.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (517)
33.72%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.36%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed