Official Opposition: Shadow Cabinet for Parliament XXVI Watch

Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm pleased to give the House a Christmas present and announce our Shadow Cabinet for the coming Parliament.

Please keep this thread for discussion of the Shadow Cabinet appointments themselves – for general questions to the Official Opposition we will be using our party Q&A thread as per usual.

Please find our Shadow Cabinet below, which will bring a great mix of youth and experience to the scrutiny of the government this term.

Official Opposition Shadow Cabinet for Parliament XXVI
The Rt Hon. Saracen’s Fez MP
Leader of the Opposition
Shadow Secretary of State for Communities, Agriculture and the Environment
(Communities and Local Government, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs)
Leader of the TSR Labour Party

The Rt Hon. aidenj MP
Shadow First Secretary of State
Shadow Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, Europe and International Development
(Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Exiting the European Union, International Development)
Opposition Chief Whip and Business Manager
Deputy Leader of the TSR Labour Party

The Rt Hon. RayApparently MP
Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer
(Treasury, Work and Pensions)

Dafios9128 MP
Shadow Secretary of State for the Home Department, Justice and Defence
(Home Affairs, Justice, Defence)

The Rt Hon. Obiejess MP
Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Trade and Infrastructure
(Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, International Trade, Transport)
Chair of the TSR Labour Party

The Rt Hon. SakuraCayla MP
Shadow Secretary of State for Health, Wellbeing and Sport
(Health, Sport)

JellyMilk MP
Shadow Secretary of State for Education, Culture and Young People
(Education, Digital, Culture, Media)
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
cranbrook_aspie
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It is my pleasure to return to frontbench politics as Shadow Chancellor under the leadership of my right honourable friend Saracen’s Fez and as part of a Shadow Cabinet that is especially well equipped for that most important task: holding the government to account.
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Looks like Labour have merged departments together. Don't have enough active members to fill the shadow cabinet huh?
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
(Original post by mr T 999)
Looks like Labour have merged departments together. Don't have enough active members to fill the shadow cabinet huh?
The portfolios were drawn up before I even started to make appointments, so no, the Shadow Cabinet is just smaller than the actual Cabinet, as it is virtually every term.
username280380
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mr T 999)
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
The portfolios were drawn up before I even started to make appointments, so no, the Shadow Cabinet is just smaller than the actual Cabinet, as it is virtually every term.
My sources suggest Labour have just 11 active members anyway so looks like a combination of both.

Either way - looking forward to locking horns with the Shadow Cabinet over the coming months.
username1751857
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I look forward to crushing my opponents with ease. Some have a lot on their plate so it won’t be easy for them.
aidenj
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CoffeeGeek)
I look forward to crushing my opponents with ease. Some have a lot on their plate so it won’t be easy for them.
I'm guessing humility isn't your thing then?
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd like to offer my congratulations to those appointed to the (Shadow) Cabinet for the first time - JellyMilk and my home department counterpart Dafios9128, who especially seemingly has a big role with three important offices.

I look forward to working with the Shadow Cabinet where possible, and defending this Government's record where necessary.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to congratulate aidenj on his election as Deputy Leader of the Labour Party.

Finally, it's good to see RayApparently return to the frontbenches. Just can't get away mate
username1751857
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aidenj)
I'm guessing humility isn't your thing then?
Why is that?
SakuraCayla
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
PetrosAC no such joy to see never back too 😢

In any case I’m pretty proud once again represent my party on the health portfolio once more.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SakuraCayla)
PetrosAC no such joy to see never back too 😢

In any case I’m pretty proud once again represent my party on the health portfolio once more.
OMG I wondered why I didn't recognise your username 😂 Completely missed the username change

Welcome back I suppose
SakuraCayla
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
OMG I wondered why I didn't recognise your username 😂 Completely missed the username change

Welcome back I suppose
Your words wound me

Ah I kid, hoping to get stuck in once again !
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your words wound me

Ah I kid, hoping to get stuck in once again !
By getting stuck in, do you mean supporting some awesome government legislation?
SakuraCayla
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
By getting stuck in, do you mean supporting some awesome government legislation?
Depends on if the “awesome government legislation” is indeed awesome
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends on if the “awesome government legislation” is indeed awesome
I'm in the Government so it's bound to be

In all seriousness, good to see the likes of you and Ray back, gives a nice balance to the Shadow Cabinet (though I'd be a little worried that some people have quite a few offices to cover, and would have had one or two more people)
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd like to offer my congratulations to those appointed to the (Shadow) Cabinet for the first time - JellyMilk and my home department counterpart Dafios9128, who especially seemingly has a big role with three important offices.

I look forward to working with the Shadow Cabinet where possible, and defending this Government's record where necessary.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to congratulate aidenj on his election as Deputy Leader of the Labour Party.

Finally, it's good to see RayApparently return to the frontbenches. Just can't get away mate
Duty calls Petros.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm not sure whether to be amused or concerned that the Labour Shadow Chancellor is less to the left than the Chancellor in the so-called Conservative led government.
Saoirse:3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
I'm not sure whether to be amused or concerned that the Labour Shadow Chancellor is less to the left than the Chancellor in the so-called Conservative led government.
Having worked with both I'm very confident in saying that Ray is comfortably to the left of Afcwimbledon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (76)
67.26%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.58%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.16%

Watched Threads