The Student Room Group

Sexy Builders Outfit....

...Ok been invited to my friend from Uni's bday night out and her theme is Builders. Being a female, i didn't wanna go out as a spitting image of what the males would exactly where on the Building site ie Boots, hard-hats and etc so, I thought ''sexy builder'' instead.

Anyone got any ideas of how I could ''sexy'' it up abit??? I did think shorts and heels or something along them lines.....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
checkered shirt, tied underneath your boobs showing off your stomach..shorts, high heels (like you said) tool belt.. hard hat :smile:
squeak
checkered shirt, tied underneath your boobs showing off your stomach..shorts, high heels (like you said) tool belt.. hard hat :smile:

i used up my rep for today.

buttttttt i like your sig lol.
Reply 3
Easy, overalls. With no top on underneath! :biggrin:
squeak

Precisely what I was going to say! Tied off shirt, Denim shorts then either sexy big curls or pigtails under you hard hat
Reply 5
I wouldn't wear high heels but I agree with the rest. Not only is it unbuilderish but it will look ridiculously tarty with short demin shorts
Ok you don't advise heels, what would you advise to wear on the feet then??

Ahhhh thanks girlies :smile:

Edit: If i couldn't get my mits on any denim shorts, would denim crops be ok?
Reply 7
ASprinkleOfPixieDust
Precisely what I was going to say! Tied off shirt, Denim shorts then either sexy big curls or pigtails under you hard hat

yeah ^ I was gonna say curls for long blond hair

ooh really red lippy and smokey eyes *sexy*

ha thanks MF, after the past few weeks of things just going wrong for me, I decided it suited me :smile:
DancinBallerina
Ok you don't advise heels, what would you advise to wear on the feet then??

Ahhhh thanks girlies :smile:

Edit: If i couldn't get my mits on any denim shorts, would denim crops be ok?

Boots like builders wear (like those desert boots or something-somebody you know may own a pair the Timberland (?) or Cat ones) but you could girl them up with cute socks underneath
Reply 9
im sure you can get some demin shorts from primark for like 10p or something stupid
ASprinkleOfPixieDust
Boots like builders wear (like those desert boots or something-somebody you know may own a pair the Timberland (?) or Cat ones) but you could girl them up with cute socks underneath

I sold my chunky boots because no longer fitted and all the shoes I have are heeled. Also the pubs and clubs down here are funny, they won't allow you in if you wear the Timberland style boots - god knows why.

I will rummage around and see what I can find. I think i have shorts somewhere but deep down in a suitcase or wardrobe somewhere. :p:

Thank you for the advice, i appreciate it.
are you sure your friend didn't suggest dressing up as builders so everyone trying to look sexy isn't an issue? she might think you're upstaging her.

if she just suggested builders to have a bit of a laugh then yeah...go with what everyone else said. i like the dungarees and no top idea.
Reply 12
Reply 13
Most probably people will try and look sexy. I don't think you'll get many people turning up to a party in dungarees.
DancinBallerina
I sold my chunky boots because no longer fitted and all the shoes I have are heeled. Also the pubs and clubs down here are funny, they won't allow you in if you wear the Timberland style boots - god knows why.

I will rummage around and see what I can find. I think i have shorts somewhere but deep down in a suitcase or wardrobe somewhere. :p:

Thank you for the advice, i appreciate it.

Ah yeah didn't think about the getting in issue, meh wear heels it's a costume you can wear shorts and heels!
when we did it, we got those neon waistcoat things from b&q, and just sort of arranged them in a sexy way. if you dont feel comfortable just wearing that then wear a strappy top or something underneath it. we wore them with denim shorts and a tool belt (also from b&q) but with toy plastic tools from a children's shop.
Reply 16
Idk I would go for real tools tbh. So much more hardcore.
death.drop
are you sure your friend didn't suggest dressing up as builders so everyone trying to look sexy isn't an issue? she might think you're upstaging her.

if she just suggested builders to have a bit of a laugh then yeah...go with what everyone else said. i like the dungarees and no top idea.

No - the idea came about because where they live is near a Building site - the idea of sexy builder i just thought about because I dont have any Timberland style boots and I know some pubs especially clubs get funny about people wearing them and refuse entry!
Nadinus
Idk I would go for real tools tbh. So much more hardcore.

Alas, we wouldn't have got into the club with real tools!! Had to compromise with the plastic!
Reply 19
Shabby :[

Latest