The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

bitcoin

hello
can anyone explain in detail about bitcoin??since im not finance student dunno the term call,put and etc. how to play??the picture below just a demonstration
I will try to explain it to you as simplistic as possible,Basically bitcoin is a virtual currency it has no state and no economy and no bank. It is a "Cryptocurrency" Bitcoins are created by a very advanced method called mining. Well it was set out to be a currency but instead turned into an investment because why the hell would anyone use a currency that would crash at any moment. The graph is showing you how serial stock investors and economists were right and that Bitcoin is trash. In english, Bitcoin value has dropped and is still. RAPIDLY!
Reply 2
Original post by ThEpOLiTiCaLgUy
I will try to explain it to you as simplistic as possible,Basically bitcoin is a virtual currency it has no state and no economy and no bank. It is a "Cryptocurrency" Bitcoins are created by a very advanced method called mining. Well it was set out to be a currency but instead turned into an investment because why the hell would anyone use a currency that would crash at any moment. The graph is showing you how serial stock investors and economists were right and that Bitcoin is trash. In english, Bitcoin value has dropped and is still. RAPIDLY!

so u trying to say that invest in bitcoin risky since the value has dropped??
Reply 3
Original post by myoglobin

Investing in any asset that fluctuates as much as bitcoin is risky
Reply 4
hello
can anyone explain in detail about bitcoin??since im not finance student dunno the term call,put and etc. how to play??the picture below just a demonstration

As per your other thread... that chart has absolutely nothing to do with Bitcoin. It's showing the Sterling/US Dollar exchange rate.
Reply 5
I The graph is showing you

No it isn't. The graph is nothing to do with BTC.

Wrong you have misquoted me Bitcoin was always a risky investment because it has no economy or no central investment bank it is run by dodgy miners and cryptotraders. A more secure investment would be ethereum becasue it has an established source and miners are more secure and the trading is verified by serial CryptoTraders, if your looking to invest I recommend ethereum. Bitcoin has had short crashes one big one is comingvery soon, ethereum is a safe bet and may well hit £1000 by 2018.
there are literally thousands of videos on youtube on what bitcoin is
Original post by Doonesbury

lol!

Bitcoin is trash lmao. You seem bitter from not investing earlier on ahaha, it hasn't dropped that much relative to performance in earlier years... Also, tis the holiday seasons so a dip was expected, but now... to the moon we go :biggrin:

Srsly tho, if you want good investments, check out XRB... Gonna absolutely fly soon (already is). Got in at around 1$ two weeks ago and it is 6$ right now...
Original post by Doonesbury

It doesn't matter what graph anyone pulls out there will still be the same results Bitcoin is crashing and is continuously crashing i can bring you numerous graphs of Bitcoin over the past few months and will show you continous drops and no correlation. It doesn't matter wether this is from the GBP to US Dollar ratio the results are still the same.

Give me Rep for that.
It doesn't matter what graph anyone pulls out there will still be the same results Bitcoin is crashing and is continuously crashing i can bring you numerous graphs of Bitcoin over the past few months and will show you continous drops and no correlation. It doesn't matter wether this is from the GBP to US Dollar ratio the results are still the same.

Give me Rep for that.

Crashing he says...

Reply 12
Wrong you have misquoted me Bitcoin was always a risky investment because it has no economy or no central investment bank it is run by dodgy miners and cryptotraders. A more secure investment would be ethereum becasue it has an established source and miners are more secure and the trading is verified by serial CryptoTraders, if your looking to invest I recommend ethereum. Bitcoin has had short crashes one big one is comingvery soon, ethereum is a safe bet and may well hit £1000 by 2018.

crystal clear explanation...tq
Interestingly, the mining of bitcoins consumes around as much electricity as Ireland uses!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3csvq3l
Reply 14
I have a very small idea of what it is because my mum bought some whilst it was still cheap.

Hope it doesn't go crashing anytime soon :smile:
Reply 15
Watch the first video you see on YouTube
Original post by Carasad
Watch the first video you see on YouTube

Please check post dates.
Reply 17
Surely you've heard of manners. Miners create bitcoins due to the constant operation of their computers.

Latest