Can I go pro?

Watch
wolto
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Basically I want to do something fun something I love and can work on to get better everyday

going to university next year doing a management and it course but I don't want to be doing something I don't solely enjoy

so basically I want to become a footballer even semi pro or
a university player when I start next year

Football Videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...t2lPYxgqiFAIlO

this is my YouTube channel it shows I'm not such a great player but I have the will
sexilexi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you want to go pro, you must train 8 hours every single day. You must live, breath, and eat pro. Many professional players have played football constantly since they were only a few years old. Do you think you can rival them?
wolto
Rep:
?
(Original post by tinycharlie)
If you want to go pro, you must train 8 hours every single day. You must live, breath, and eat pro. Many professional players have played football constantly since they were only a few years old. Do you think you can rival them?

Yes I know I'm capable it's the passion
and effort training will be the key I've got college everyday but I'm
willing to give myself more training time. How do I start? how do I get into semi pro or university leagues I play in Saturday leagues currently
wolfmoon88
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by wolto)
Basically I want to do something fun something I love and can work on to get better everyday

going to university next year doing a management and it course but I don't want to be doing something I don't solely enjoy

so basically I want to become a footballer even semi pro or
a university player when I start next year

Football Videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...t2lPYxgqiFAIlO

this is my YouTube channel it shows I'm not such a great player but I have the will
To be a university player, you just have to participate in tryouts and such. To become a pro player/ semi-pro player, it would be harder because you didn't go through the academy system. I think some youth academies/amateur teams/semi pro teams have open try outs but with recommendations and such so it might be hard to get a try out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
wolto
Rep:
?
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
To be a university player, you just have to participate in tryouts and such. To become a pro player/ semi-pro player, it would be harder because you didn't go through the academy system. I think some youth academies/amateur teams/semi pro teams have open try outs but with recommendations and such so it might be hard to get a try out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I normally see these football trail ads on Facebook and stuff like that they cost money but I don't know if they are worth it. I tend to play best on certain days and when motivated I'm 19 and guessing it is probably not possible? maybe I should look into the university try out and maybe take a referee or coaching course later?
wolfmoon88
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by wolto)
I normally see these football trail ads on Facebook and stuff like that they cost money but I don't know if they are worth it. I tend to play best on certain days and when motivated I'm 19 and guessing it is probably not possible? maybe I should look into the university try out and maybe take a referee or coaching course later?
Not saying it is impossible but it is definitely unlikely. If you truly want to get a job in football, having coaching licenses/ scouting license/ referee license may certainly help :yep: you can take coaching courses rn during your free time if you'd like, I think FA has courses you can apply to but yeah they cost money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
wolto
Rep:
?
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
Not saying it is impossible but it is definitely unlikely. If you truly want to get a job in football, having coaching licenses/ scouting license/ referee license may certainly help :yep: you can take coaching courses rn during your free time if you'd like, I think FA has courses you can apply to but yeah they cost money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah that would be great just something I can wake up every morning to do without stressing and also a great back if my degree go sideways
username775001
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
noticed brits like jack Harrison are popping up in mls on football manager looks like they did some sort of sports scholarship through a uni
wolfmoon88
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by wolto)
yeah that would be great just something I can wake up every morning to do without stressing and also a great back if my degree go sideways
Not a bad idea and tbh can aspire to go into sports management as well

(Original post by Dominoes)
noticed brits like jack Harrison are popping up in mls on football manager looks like they did some sort of sports scholarship through a uni
Jack Harrison was in the Manchester United Youth Academy and he got a sports scholarship for a high school so he was there early to take advantage of the US system in some senses. He had a football scholarship from Wake Forest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jimmy Seville
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
12 yards out, open goal, two goals to shoot at and misses both targets but thinks he can be a pro footballer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqby...t2lPYxgqiFAIlO

wolto
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jimmy Seville)
12 yards out, open goal, two goals to shoot at and misses both targets but thinks he can be a pro footballer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqby...t2lPYxgqiFAIlO

There's what you call fun and being serious, didn't Ronaldo miss an open goal before?
!play
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My 12 year old brother just got scouted for Manchester City today. He’s been playing since around the age of 7 though. I’ll tell you a little bit about him. He’s currently being put on a strict diet in which changes every week or so after he sees his nutritionist. He’s got certain exercises he has to do each day and certain rest days. He goes to the academy and plays with the elites about 3 or 4 times a week. But I have noticed sometimes there are big breaks. He gets paid for scoring and for assists and things like that. Lol much more than my min wage job anyway. I think it’s 500 a goal and the figures change, vary depending on the team they play. Sometimes he'll have 2 games in a week and come out with 2k. I **** you not.... I’m here saving up for a new table and he’s there practically wanting to buy the whole of game. Cause he likes playing games a lot too. All of his football and travel is free. He gets to go in that blacked out coach while the parents have to stay in the cars lol. You can see em sometimes when driving up to a game with there headphones in at the back all chanting. Lol wish I went into football... I’m not quite sure how old you have to be, but when he plays for his school team, which he’s now been told to stop because of risks. He usually could take on about 5 of them average little county team members and win (when he has the ball obviously). I’m still stunned now lol and oh now he’s got free PT sessions with the one and only Neil Pointon. Ey ey ey, yeah I must admit am a little jealous because as long as he doesn’t get a serious injury, fall off track or get an illness, he’s pretty much gonna be getting all the birds, money and fame in the world. He was in a championship team before this though for about 3-4 years. 1 tip of advice for you dads out there too: don’t scare potential off by having a go at them, but make sure they dam well know you’re angry if they played stupidly a certain way. It makes them want to impress you and further better themselves. I’ve seen this first hand. No smacking though cause I’ve seen kids give it up because of things like that.
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not wanting to dampen it but very few people actually make it in the game at top level, the dedication and sacrifices you have to make are endless.
wolto
Rep:
?
(Original post by !play)
My 12 year old brother just got scouted for Manchester City today. He’s been playing since around the age of 7 though. I’ll tell you a little bit about him. He’s currently being put on a strict diet in which changes every week or so after he sees his nutritionist. He’s got certain exercises he has to do each day and certain rest days. He goes to the academy and plays with the elites about 3 or 4 times a week. But I have noticed sometimes there are big breaks. He gets paid for scoring and for assists and things like that. Lol much more than my min wage job anyway. I think it’s 500 a goal and the figures change, vary depending on the team they play. Sometimes he'll have 2 games in a week and come out with 2k. I **** you not.... I’m here saving up for a new table and he’s there practically wanting to buy the whole of game. Cause he likes playing games a lot too. All of his football and travel is free. He gets to go in that blacked out coach while the parents have to stay in the cars lol. You can see em sometimes when driving up to a game with there headphones in at the back all chanting. Lol wish I went into football... I’m not quite sure how old you have to be, but when he plays for his school team, which he’s now been told to stop because of risks. He usually could take on about 5 of them average little county team members and win (when he has the ball obviously). I’m still stunned now lol and oh now he’s got free PT sessions with the one and only Neil Pointon. Ey ey ey, yeah I must admit am a little jealous because as long as he doesn’t get a serious injury, fall off track or get an illness, he’s pretty much gonna be getting all the birds, money and fame in the world. He was in a championship team before this though for about 3-4 years. 1 tip of advice for you dads out there too: don’t scare potential off by having a go at them, but make sure they dam well know you’re angry if they played stupidly a certain way. It makes them want to impress you and further better themselves. I’ve seen this first hand. No smacking though cause I’ve seen kids give it up because of things like that.
I wish him all the best wish I started earlier. too late for me now but I enjoy the non league games now and then
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise