The Student Room Group

Glasgow : switching from anatomy course ( Life sciences ) to medicine.

Hello there,

I got an offer from Glasgow for anatomy and I wish to accept this as my "insurance" offer alongside my "firm" offer of medicine. I read online a few times that some people were able to switch from the anatomy course after finishing their 2nd year to the medicine course at the same university however I want to confirm whether this is real or not. I emailed the admission office for the medicine but it's been a week and a half and they still haven't replied. I would appreciate the help !
I would email the admission's office again or call. I know some universities have a scheme for biomedics to get onto the medical course after first year, but it's like 5 people max so competition is incredibly high. You should focus on getting your required grades for the med offer
As far as I am aware, Glasgow does not offer such a scheme. However you should always check with the university as it may not be something they advertise.

It would be worth emailing or ringing them in the new year again. Right now most universities are closed for Christmas and New Year. Their opening information should be available online.
Reply 3
I remember seeing it in a post here so that's why I was a bit sceptical

Original post by Volibear
When does the admissions office close for Christmas?

Anyway, where online did you read this? The university website?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending