The Student Room Group

Nick Clegg to be knighted

Scroll to see replies

What a joke where are the people who make a real difference in this world.. so corrupt. 😠😠
Original post by karl pilkington
Thoughts? Just another example of cronyism?

Rewarding privately educated rich friends of the establishment for making a living out of conning the electorate to push their own agenda.

If Clegg were to be honest and say 'I'm a fantatical europhile, I want to maintain the status quo as much as possible' at least we could respect his point of view and vote for him if we agree. Instead he knows his own out-of-touch agenda is unpopular so claims to stand for brexit voters (?!?) saying we should stay in the single market and makes no effort to represent his electorate, whether on tuition fees or most other things.
Original post by Hatter_2
Rewarding privately educated rich friends of the establishment for making a living out of conning the electorate to push their own agenda.

If Clegg were to be honest and say 'I'm a fantatical europhile, I want to maintain the status quo as much as possible' at least we could respect his point of view and vote for him if we agree. Instead he knows his own out-of-touch agenda is unpopular so claims to stand for brexit voters (?!?) saying we should stay in the single market and makes no effort to represent his electorate, whether on tuition fees or most other things.

Isn't that pretty much his stance? Hell he wrote an entire book based on his anti-brexit stance. Mind you I disagree with the status quo part.

Brexit ironically was neither a vote for or against the status quo. It's just a reductionist argument ignoring the fact most of the brexit arguments all rely on anti centralization (aka anti westminster)sentiment while ignoring the major issue.... aka London draining the entire country dry.
Original post by DanB1991
Mind you I disagree with the status quo part.

Fair enough, but what did Clegg significantly achieve from going into government? Sure you will be able able to point out small individual policies but nothing to create really significant change to people's lives and the direction of the country. So if he was for change, why go into government and betray his principles?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending