The Student Room Group

Competition...

I've had to defer my GCSE examinations because of ill health. That would be all right except for the fact that I'm now doing them at the same time as my cousin!

The problem is, she's a REAL show off and is already bragging about how many As she's predicted! It's so annoying! I've always been quite smart but I never brag about it in the way she does...

It kind feels like there's competition between us now-- I'd die of shame if she got better results than me! Our circumstances are totally different too-- she's always been as healthy as they come! Me? Well I've been ill on and off constantly for the past seven years! But they'd never consider that of course, they'd just think she's cleverer than me!

How do I chill out about this and stop worrying? It's my life; I shouldn't care about her results! :redface:

Sorry if I sound bitter... I like her really!:wink:
Reply 1
The Nightingale
How do I chill out about this and stop worrying? It's my life; I shouldn't care about her results! :redface:

Chill out and stop worrying. It's your life; you shouldn't care about her results! [smiley]
Just make sure you beat her! What more incentive do you need?

Quite often the ones who brag end up being disappointed anyway.

Try and see it as a bit of rivalry and use it to your advantage. If you beat her, great! If you don't, well, you have a damn good reason.

Latest