Harry Kane is Better than Ronaldo Watch

IamJacksContempt
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Safe to say with Ronaldo's recent decline, Harry Kane has now surpassed him and won't look back.

Best goalscorer in 2017 and that's despite being in a mediocre team.
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ronaldo is clearly waiting for the CL so he can dump 3 penalties against PSG.
arizonaidiot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Messi sh*ts on both
abhinair3004
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ronaldo has declined but has Harry Kane won anything to prove himself as a better player. He's a better goalscorer but as long as he's at Spurs he ain't winning jack-****
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by abhinair3004)
Ronaldo has declined but has Harry Kane won anything to prove himself as a better player. He's a better goalscorer but as long as he's at Spurs he ain't winning jack-****
With that logic, Bendtner is the better striker because he’s won a league title and Kane hasn’t.
Wikia
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You know he's a great player when you're comparing him in the worst season of his career, during his decline. The man has done more than Harry Kane ever will in his career, he's done more than most players have. At most Kane will remain a club legend that is perhaps forgotten in a decade, Ronaldo is an international legend who will go down as one of the greats (perhaps not quite up there, but he'll definitely be remembered).

You really can't compare the two, Ronaldo at his prime was unstoppable. He's won everything there is to win aside from the world cup.
abhinair3004
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SGHD26716)
With that logic, Bendtner is the better striker because he’s won a league title and Kane hasn’t.
I'm not saying Harry Kane isn't the better forward but for being a better player you need to win some kind of silverware
For example, Jermain Defoe is a great striker, got 201 career goals I guess but he isn't a top player because neither has he played for a great club nor has he won any silverware
S.G.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm not saying Harry Kane isn't the better forward but for being a better player you need to win some kind of silverware
For example, Jermain Defoe is a great striker, got 201 career goals I guess but he isn't a top player because neither has he played for a great club nor has he won any silverware
Apologies. I read your post as “the better player” rather than “a better player”.
abhinair3004
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SGHD26716)
Apologies. I read your post as “the better player” rather than “a better player”.
No worries mate!
Harry Kane has got to leave Spurs if he wants to win anything though. They lack a winning mentality and that finishing edge
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Let's be fair, Kane is not a good player. Good goalscorer, yes, but he's the reason Spurs will never win anything - because he's incapable of passing or making sensible decisions for the good of the team. He just shoots from anywhere, even if it's not on but a simple pass for a clear chance for someone else is.
username2752874
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by IamJacksContempt)
Safe to say with Ronaldo's recent decline, Harry Kane has now surpassed him and won't look back.

Best goalscorer in 2017 and that's despite being in a mediocre team.
So the fact that he's scored more goals than Ronaldo makes him better? Not to mention Ronaldo has more assists as well, better dribbling ability, is faster, heads the ball better, better penalty taker, better crosser, better passer etc

Kane couldn't do it on a cold Monday night in Seville.
abhinair3004
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kyber Ninja)
So the fact that he's scored more goals than Ronaldo makes him better? Not to mention Ronaldo has more assists as well, better dribbling ability, is faster, heads the ball better, better penalty taker, better crosser, better passer etc

Kane couldn't do it on a cold Monday night in Seville.
The fact of the matter is that he just broke a record that stood 22 years.

He might not be able to do it on a cold Monday night in Seville but he's a better finisher as of now (Not a Spurs fan in the slightest)
username2752874
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The fact of the matter is that he just broke a record that stood 22 years.

He might not be able to do it on a cold Monday night in Seville but he's a better finisher as of now (Not a Spurs fan in the slightest)
How many games did he play to do it, and how many did Shearer play?

Well, better finisher is an acceptable argument, but I think it's premature to say he's the better player; he had a spell like this last season. It wasn't as bad now, but he recovered well and won the double.

Also, the Seville thing was a parody of Stoke cold Monday night in Seville seems oxymoronic
IamJacksContempt
Rep:
?
Not to mention Ronaldo has more assists as well, better dribbling ability, is faster, heads the ball better, better penalty taker, better crosser, better passer etc
You never watch Ronaldo play do you?

Besides Ronaldo only has 3 more assists despite playing more games and playing for REAL Madrid...
abhinair3004
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How many games did he play to do it, and how many did Shearer play?

Well, better finisher is an acceptable argument, but I think it's premature to say he's the better player; he had a spell like this last season. It wasn't as bad now, but he recovered well and won the double.

Also, the Seville thing was a parody of Stoke cold Monday night in Seville seems oxymoronic
Shearer did it in 42 , Kane did it in 36
I've said above that he has to do a lot to get to Ronaldo's level as a player
I got the Seville-Stoke thing
IamJacksContempt
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Let's be fair, Kane is not a good player. Good goalscorer, yes, but he's the reason Spurs will never win anything - because he's incapable of passing or making sensible decisions for the good of the team. He just shoots from anywhere, even if it's not on but a simple pass for a clear chance for someone else is.
You just described Ronaldo as well.

Which is my point. Both Kane and Ronaldo are goalscorers and provide little other use.
abhinair3004
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Which is my point. Both Kane and Ronaldo are goalscorers and provide little other use.
I disagree on that one , Ronaldo now may have lost his other abilities but Ronaldo at Manchester United could do it all. He's slowed down only due to age as has every other player in the world. He's more physically fit than Kane and is also better in the air than Kane, he's a better dribbler and a better passer. Admittedly Kane is the better goalscorer
username2752874
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You never watch Ronaldo play do you?

Besides Ronaldo only has 3 more assists despite playing more games and playing for REAL Madrid...
Why? You think Kane does those things better than Ronaldo? Examples? Ronaldo is the greatest poacher of the penalty area EVER

Besides, Kane wasn't close to Ronaldo in winning the Ballon Dor or world player of the year. Given that Salah averages more goals per game than Kane, I suppose he's better than both Ronaldo and Kane? He's got more assists than both as well?
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Current Ronaldo, previous Ronaldo was faster and would take people on which is obviously what he has/had over Kane.
abhinair3004
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bammy jastard 27)
Current Ronaldo, previous Ronaldo was faster and would take people on which is obviously what he has/had over Kane.
Agreed, compare 24yo Ronaldo to 24yo Kane
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (52)
21.85%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (79)
33.19%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (52)
21.85%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (22)
9.24%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (33)
13.87%

Watched Threads