The Student Room Group

I’m so stressed about university January exams please help :(

I’m in my first year at Surrey university doing nutrition, I struggled at settling into uni so haven’t done that much work during term time but am not just after Christmas and even though I have done some revision, I’m still so behind and so stressed about failing my exams becusae there is so much content and so little time. I did a solid week of working pretty much all day but that hasn’t really got me that far (3rd if the way through the course), i have 4 modules/exams and I’m honestly just so stressed. Becusae I have a history of severe anxiety OCD and depression the wellbeing services have given me an extenuating circumstances form which can allow me to postpone exams but I don’t know whether that is a good idea?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Catherineenixon
I’m in my first year at Surrey university doing nutrition, I struggled at settling into uni so haven’t done that much work during term time but am not just after Christmas and even though I have done some revision, I’m still so behind and so stressed about failing my exams becusae there is so much content and so little time. I did a solid week of working pretty much all day but that hasn’t really got me that far (3rd if the way through the course), i have 4 modules/exams and I’m honestly just so stressed.

You have got as far as getting into uni via the qualifications you did. I’m sure you can get through this. Take it slowly, day by day. Do a to do list and make sure you do it! Don’t worry if you can’t complete all of the tasks but make sure that you have tried :smile:
Original post by Catherineenixon
I’m in my first year at Surrey university doing nutrition, I struggled at settling into uni so haven’t done that much work during term time but am not just after Christmas and even though I have done some revision, I’m still so behind and so stressed about failing my exams becusae there is so much content and so little time. I did a solid week of working pretty much all day but that hasn’t really got me that far (3rd if the way through the course), i have 4 modules/exams and I’m honestly just so stressed. Becusae I have a history of severe anxiety OCD and depression the wellbeing services have given me an extenuating circumstances form which can allow me to postpone exams but I don’t know whether that is a good idea?

Hey @Catherineenixon,

Really sorry to hear that you're stressing about your exams. I completely understand how the pressure can build up and make things seem unmanageable. Perhaps you could schedule a session with the Wellbeing team to have a chat about things? They might be able to suggest some coping mechanisms to help get you through the stressful exam period.

Also, have you ever been to any of the sessions run by SPLASH in the library (on Level 3)? They offer support and advice for studying effectively. You can find more info about the type of things they offer here.

It might also help to ensure that you take regular breaks from studying to avoid burning yourself out. Whether that's to eat your dinner or to go for a quick walk around campus, it'll help to clear your head and focus when you return to your studies :smile:

Best of luck with your exams!! Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

All the best,
Ashley

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending