Idontknow77
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I find them really off-putting as most have images.I wish they were more concise. We're paying 9k after all..
toronto353
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Idontknow77)
I find them really off-putting as most have images.I wish they were more concise. We're paying 9k after all..
With respect the 9k fees are irrelevant here. It doesn't matter how much your fees are, were, or could be, you shouldn't have knowledge just handed over to you on a plate without some hard work. Universities are about developing your skills as a scholar, not spoon feeding, so with that in mind, why don't you take this as an opportunity to hone one of those skills. Go through the slides and work out which are the most important, perhaps copy and paste them into a separate powerpoint presentation to consult more frequently and to take detailed notes on. Essentially, you're putting the core information together here from which to revise, assuming that's what you're doing. Next, go through the slides which you've deemed a lower significance and work out what information you need to take from them, if any, and then write this down and take notes on this. What you'll then have is one set of core slides from which to revise and consult more quickly and then a second lot of slides (i.e. the full presentation) which you've condensed down into a manageable set of notes which will then bolster your understanding of the core slides. Hopefully this helps, but quit moaning about the slides and the fees because 1) you chose to take the course and 2) the fees are irrelevant; schools spoon feed their students, not universities.
Idontknow77
Rep:
?
(Original post by toronto353)
With respect the 9k fees are irrelevant here. It doesn't matter how much your fees are, were, or could be, you shouldn't have knowledge just handed over to you on a plate without some hard work. Universities are about developing your skills as a scholar, not spoon feeding, so with that in mind, why don't you take this as an opportunity to hone one of those skills. Go through the slides and work out which are the most important, perhaps copy and paste them into a separate powerpoint presentation to consult more frequently and to take detailed notes on. Essentially, you're putting the core information together here from which to revise, assuming that's what you're doing. Next, go through the slides which you've deemed a lower significance and work out what information you need to take from them, if any, and then write this down and take notes on this. What you'll then have is one set of core slides from which to revise and consult more quickly and then a second lot of slides (i.e. the full presentation) which you've condensed down into a manageable set of notes which will then bolster your understanding of the core slides. Hopefully this helps, but quit moaning about the slides and the fees because 1) you chose to take the course and 2) the fees are irrelevant; schools spoon feed their students, not universities.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give them a try. You are right, I am moaning for no reason, especially since I left revision to the last minute (yet again). Sigh
toronto353
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Idontknow77)
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give them a try. You are right, I am moaning for no reason, especially since I left revision to the last minute (yet again). Sigh
That's ok and actually, you haven't. You've still got a lot of time, you just have to use it wisely and plan your revision accordingly. When's your exam?
Idontknow77
Rep:
?
(Original post by toronto353)
That's ok and actually, you haven't. You've still got a lot of time, you just have to use it wisely and plan your revision accordingly. When's your exam?
I hope so too ;S. Near the end of January. I still have about 5 weeks of lectures to make notes for, and still need to go over the notes I made for the previous module too. It's been a difficult year tbh, and I thought I had done work throughout the term but looking back it was no way near productive enough. Hopefully if I revise continuously for the next 3 weeks I can come out with a pass?
Skyewoods
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You don't. You work smart, not hard. Study the examinable parts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
29.82%
No (313)
70.18%

Watched Threads