The Student Room Group

Anyone doing unit 11 psychological perspectives Health and social care level 3?

My class doesn't need to start the coursework until January 2018, however with the help of my teacher I've already started the coursework and I am nearly finished.

However, I'm a little stuck now and my teacher doesn't know how to help me either! So I've asked my psychology teacher who is going to have a look for me and see me in the new year (but it is bugging me and I want to get cracking on it - so my teacher can mark it, I can make the corrections, review it, and complete it!).

Learning aim A & B = Completely fine, get it, all done (from my perspective - still needs to be marked though :smile:)

Learning aim C = I've completed it up until...

- C.M3 Assess the impact of the use of psychological perspectives in local health and social care settings, in enabling professionals to enhance the social functioning of selected service users.
- C.D2 Evaluate the application of psychological perspectives in local health and social care settings in enabling professionals to enhance the social functioning of selected service users.
- C.D3 Evaluate the importance of the psychological perspectives used in health and social care settings, in relation to understanding human development and managing and treating behaviours to enhance the social functioning of service users.

I'm aiming for a distinction in my coursework,
"For distinction standard, learners will articulate their arguments and views concisely and professionally to justify conclusions on the behaviour of two different service users in health and social care settings. They must use detailed analysis and research to make recommendations and proposals on the practices in two different health and social care settings"

Once I've done those, I'm done.
Thank you! :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by minivampire
My class doesn't need to start the coursework until January 2018, however with the help of my teacher I've already started the coursework and I am nearly finished.

However, I'm a little stuck now and my teacher doesn't know how to help me either! So I've asked my psychology teacher who is going to have a look for me and see me in the new year (but it is bugging me and I want to get cracking on it - so my teacher can mark it, I can make the corrections, review it, and complete it!).

Learning aim A & B = Completely fine, get it, all done (from my perspective - still needs to be marked though :smile:)

Learning aim C = I've completed it up until...

- C.M3 Assess the impact of the use of psychological perspectives in local health and social care settings, in enabling professionals to enhance the social functioning of selected service users.
- C.D2 Evaluate the application of psychological perspectives in local health and social care settings in enabling professionals to enhance the social functioning of selected service users.
- C.D3 Evaluate the importance of the psychological perspectives used in health and social care settings, in relation to understanding human development and managing and treating behaviours to enhance the social functioning of service users.

I'm aiming for a distinction in my coursework,
"For distinction standard, learners will articulate their arguments and views concisely and professionally to justify conclusions on the behaviour of two different service users in health and social care settings. They must use detailed analysis and research to make recommendations and proposals on the practices in two different health and social care settings"

Once I've done those, I'm done.
Thank you! :biggrin:

I'm doing Hsc I'll have a look to see if I do have those assignment. I should do as I have done and currently doing psychological disorders and perspectives in a hsc setting. 😁. Are you sure its unit 11 as I have unit 8 from last year thats if your in your first year of hsc?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by MiszShortee786
I'm doing Hsc I'll have a look to see if I do have those assignment. I should do as I have done and currently doing psychological disorders and perspectives in a hsc setting. 😁. Are you sure its unit 11 as I have unit 8 from last year thats if your in your first year of hsc?

Yep it is definitely unit 11!
It's from this;
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/BTEC-Nationals/Health-and-Social-Care/2016/specification-and-sample-assessments/9781446938003_BTEC_Nat_ExCert_HSC_AG_Spec_Iss3C.pdf --- Page 53

Thank you. Youre doing the new spec with the exams which I am afraid I cant help you as I am doing old spec.

Sorry.

All the best! :smile:
Original post by MiszShortee786
Thank you. Youre doing the new spec with the exams which I am afraid I cant help you as I am doing old spec.

Sorry.

All the best! :smile:

Thank you anyway!:smile:
Don't worry about it, literally cannot find anyone else who does it and there is nothing online either...good luck to me!:frown:
Thank you anyway!:smile:
Don't worry about it, literally cannot find anyone else who does it and there is nothing online either...good luck to me!:frown:

Hi i have just started the coursework and honesty i'm struggling would you possibly be able to help me i would really appreciate it. :smile:
At the moment, I'm doing learning aim C!
Learning aim A and B are completed for my class :smile: but we have been teaching ourselves..which part are you stuck on?
And I used this link as a reference for my work;
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ewcxr6sf0u2pwb8/AAAxSTlEa7XLCjXiPP1CKKnna?dl=0 - This isn't from my college, we have done it slightly different:tongue:

We have started learning aim A which needs to be handed in next Friday and I’m stressing 😨 we’ve been told to write about the perspectives, signs and symptoms of the illnesses and treatments but then you have these points (attached the photograph) that I don’t understand am I just being stupid???
Original post by RK14
We have started learning aim A which needs to be handed in next Friday and I’m stressing 😨 we’ve been told to write about the perspectives, signs and symptoms of the illnesses and treatments but then you have these points (attached the photograph) that I don’t understand am I just being stupid???

Don't worry, took me a while to understand it too :redface: I literally started it WAY before everyone else, taught myself and have taught my class:biggrin:

What I did; start with learning aim A.
A.P1 Explain how psychological perspectives are applied to the understanding of human development. This is part of 'Task 1', meaning you need to ensure that you link Andy and Kiera (your teacher should have given you something with these two users on it).
Andy - PTSD and self-harm.
Keira - Addiction.
I set it out like this;
Take your first perspective, in this case it is the behaviourist approach which includes classical conditioning and operant conditioning. Write a paragraph describing what this is, use your booklet and use this website;
https://www.simplypsychology.org/behaviorism.html - Make note of the basic assumptions, these can help you link the service users. If you go to the bottom of the page on that link, you'll find operant conditoning, classical conditioning and the two experiments (Pavolv dog's and Skinners rats).
Once you've wrote out the behaviourist approach and the two experiments, think of how you can link Andy and Keira to this. How can professionals use this approach to understanding human behaviour?
Andy - how can we use the behaviourist approach in understanding why Andy self-harms? why Andy has PTSD?
Keira - how can we use the behaviourist approach in understanding why Keira uses painkillers (addiction)?
For example, when referring to Andy I said how he has been through a traumatic event where he lost his partner, Andy uses self-harm as a coping mechanism to reduce the negative thoughts and feelings surrounding the event - I linked to operant conditioning, as it refers to negative and positive reinforcement. Negative reinforcement refers to behaviour which removes something unpleasant.
You may then make a general point, where you can link the behaviourist approach to understanding phobias.

You will also find on the 'simply psychology' website there are evaluation points which you can use for 'AB.D1'
Don't worry, took me a while to understand it too :redface: I literally started it WAY before everyone else, taught myself and have taught my class:biggrin:

What I did; start with learning aim A.
A.P1 Explain how psychological perspectives are applied to the understanding of human development. This is part of 'Task 1', meaning you need to ensure that you link Andy and Kiera (your teacher should have given you something with these two users on it).
Andy - PTSD and self-harm.
Keira - Addiction.
I set it out like this;
Take your first perspective, in this case it is the behaviourist approach which includes classical conditioning and operant conditioning. Write a paragraph describing what this is, use your booklet and use this website;
https://www.simplypsychology.org/behaviorism.html - Make note of the basic assumptions, these can help you link the service users. If you go to the bottom of the page on that link, you'll find operant conditoning, classical conditioning and the two experiments (Pavolv dog's and Skinners rats).
Once you've wrote out the behaviourist approach and the two experiments, think of how you can link Andy and Keira to this. How can professionals use this approach to understanding human behaviour?
Andy - how can we use the behaviourist approach in understanding why Andy self-harms? why Andy has PTSD?
Keira - how can we use the behaviourist approach in understanding why Keira uses painkillers (addiction)?
For example, when referring to Andy I said how he has been through a traumatic event where he lost his partner, Andy uses self-harm as a coping mechanism to reduce the negative thoughts and feelings surrounding the event - I linked to operant conditioning, as it refers to negative and positive reinforcement. Negative reinforcement refers to behaviour which removes something unpleasant.
You may then make a general point, where you can link the behaviourist approach to understanding phobias.

You will also find on the 'simply psychology' website there are evaluation points which you can use for 'AB.D1'

thank you so much :biggrin: and thank you for the links i really appreciate it.
Original post by RK14
thank you so much :biggrin: and thank you for the links i really appreciate it.

Don't worry about it, but if your teacher gives you any helpful advice, let me know:wink: My teacher admits she knows NOTHING whatsoever
Original post by RK14
Hi
Sorry to bother you again you know the student work folder there were three examples are those from the exam board and what grades are they??

Hey, its no bother:smile:
The student work is not from the exam board, its students from another sixthform/college (their own coursework), just a guideline on how you can write out your coursework, like how you can structure it and it gives an idea of how you might link the service users.
I don't know what grade it'd be, but from what they have done so far, they're doing learning aim A and look like they've completed the passes so far 'A.P1'. They'll probably update the student work again soon, to give more structural guidance.

If you need help with linking the service users (Andy and Keira) to the perspectives, you can easily find information online! For example, just type in google "The behaviourist perspective and addiction" or "The behaviourist perspective and self-harm" and you'll find information to support your linking, you can do this for all the perspectives (you'll find a variety of ways which you can do this).:redface:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by RK14
Hi
Sorry to bother you again you know the student work folder there were three examples are those from the exam board and what grades are they??

Hey,
found this website, I don't know if it will help...
https://sites.google.com/site/wattshealthandsocial/new-btec-level-3/unit-11
It shows you how to set it out and what you should be writing in each part:smile:
Hey,
found this website, I don't know if it will help...
https://sites.google.com/site/wattshealthandsocial/new-btec-level-3/unit-11
It shows you how to set it out and what you should be writing in each part:smile:

thank you
I don't get A.P2 which is to- explain how psychological perspectives contribute to the understanding of specific human behaviors.
Original post by abdul cader
I don't get A.P2 which is to- explain how psychological perspectives contribute to the understanding of specific human behaviors.

Are you doing A-levels or BTEC?
Original post by MiszshorTea786
Are you doing A-levels or BTEC?

I'm doing Level3 BTEC H&SC
I'm doing Level3 BTEC H&SC

Okay I'll be able to help you then. I will reply on you're thread.

thank you so much:smile:

Thank you for trying to help me, but could you please help me with the whole learning aim A I'm really stuck and i have to give it in by monday!!! So could you give me step by step help, I would really appreciate it.
Thank you for trying to help me, but could you please help me with the whole learning aim A I'm really stuck and i have to give it in by monday!!! So could you give me step by step help, I would really appreciate it.

image-b82feffd-32d8-4c90-8e8f-ac46cc65f33e190296792-compressed.jpg.jpeg

Do you have to do a case study for P2?
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest