The Student Room Group

French speaking

I am doing my mock for my GCSE french exam in 2 weeks time. I am quite nervous because I don't have the best french accent and im nit sure what sort of questions my teacher is going to ask me and im doing higher. How shoudl i prepare and what shoud i try and learn (that is essential????
I got 58 out of 60 marks in the speaking exam and here is some advice I will give. First off, memorise all your questions. This is an obvious one but it's essential so I'll say it here. For improving your accent, copy your responses on to google translate and then play them, and try to copy what the voice says. Lastly, during the exam if you change your mind about a sentence you're saying, make it obvious that you're going to change the sentence; a simple "désolé" or "pardon" should do it.

Hopefully that's enough to get you the mark you're hoping for in this exam :biggrin: Also, know your responses inside out. By that I don't mean memorise them word for word (unless you're particularly good at that) but memorise the overall gist of what's going on, and use that to prompt what you will actually say in the exam.
Reply 2
Thank you so much! I will take on board what you said and hopefully it will go well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest