The Student Room Group

BSc or BA for Forensic Psychology?

I’m looking to eventually get a masters in Forensic Psych, but first I have to get my bachelors. I’m probably going to do plain psychology, and I personally like the look of a BA course more, but BSc is more recognized and respected to employers and masters programs. However, I hate maths and I’m not good at it at all (to put into perspective, all of my grades are at 90% or more, apart from my math which has a 65%). Should I deal with it and do BSc anyways?
Reply 1
Original post by ellajh56
I’m looking to eventually get a masters in Forensic Psych, but first I have to get my bachelors. I’m probably going to do plain psychology, and I personally like the look of a BA course more, but BSc is more recognized and respected to employers and masters programs. However, I hate maths and I’m not good at it at all (to put into perspective, all of my grades are at 90% or more, apart from my math which has a 65%). Should I deal with it and do BSc anyways?

I mean, there's no defined area of what is a BA and what is a BSc, there's huge differences between universities. You shouldn't aim for a certain bachelors, but actually look at each course and what appeals to you.

eg. Cambridge offer everything as a BA course, including stuff like just Natural Sciences.

Quick Reply

Latest