The Student Room Group

My 15 year old sister is so spoilt and moody

My sister is 15 and yesterday she was crying because she didn’t get the gifts she wanted for Christmas. She expected a £750 bag but my parents cannot afford it (they did however spend £600 each on both of us which is a lot). My sister had lots of presents to open and was just so ungrateful it upset me. You could tell my parents were upset. One of her items was an £150 coat so I can’t see why she was complaining.

She is so spoilt she’s also constantly moody and I don’t get on with her at all. All she ever does is argue with me and my parents and is never happy unless she gets her own way. It really gets me angry because I feel ever so sorry for my parents. Why may she be like this ?
The problem comes from the gift giving in the first place. Behaviors are ingrained in people like hers, the only thing you can change is her perspective. Basically, to give less material goods and more respect for each other.
Original post by Anonymous
My sister is 15 and yesterday she was crying because she didn’t get the gifts she wanted for Christmas. She expected a £750 bag but my parents cannot afford it (they did however spend £600 each on both of us which is a lot). My sister had lots of presents to open and was just so ungrateful it upset me. You could tell my parents were upset. One of her items was an £150 coat so I can’t see why she was complaining.

She is so spoilt she’s also constantly moody and I don’t get on with her at all. All she ever does is argue with me and my parents and is never happy unless she gets her own way. It really gets me angry because I feel ever so sorry for my parents. Why may she be like this ?

If my child was that ungrateful to me, I’d be taking their presents away from them so they received nothing.
An ungrateful child needs to be punished. She can be told that if she wants said items, she can get a part time job and pay for them her self, or starts to show some respect for the hard work her parents do to look after her.
Have you tried talking to her making her see it from other peoples point of view?
also how long has this behaviour been going on is it sudden or has she always been like that if it's sudden maybe its peer pressure or something of the sort.if it's her character and habit then its going to be harder to talk to her, But either way what she's doing is obnoxious and rude and she has to change perhaps your parents need to put their foot down and tell her to get over herself and if she wants such pricy gifts then she has to buy it herself.
Spending £600 for each person is a lot of money anyway, so your sister should appreciate the time, money and effort spent by your parents to make sure you are both happy. When your sister gets older, she will find that her spoilt attitude will get her nowhere and it will be difficult having to rely on yourself to pay bills, taxes, rent, etc. Have you had a word with your sister? Try to make her realise how much your parents do for you both.

Perhaps you could do or make something as a sign of appreciation for your parents?
With all due respect
What a *****
Reply 6
O_O damn and i thought getting £20 for Christmas was a lot...YOU'RE BOTH SPOILT!...then again there are peeps who don't get anything at all for Christmas!...so i guess i'm spoilt too :frown:

Your sister sounds like your classic moody teen...could just be hormones. She is probably also accustomed to getting whatever she wants if your parents are that "rich". She reminds me of the girl from willy wonka...Veruca Salt! :smile:

this is why you don’t spoil your kids

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending