Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Good tips on how I should structure my revision between now and my exams in May/June
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I’m doing the same subjects. My plan is to completely finish AS biology and chemistry before the February half-term so that I can get A’s on all my AS papers by that time. In February half-term I’ll learn everything I’ve done so far in A2 for all 3 subjects (I already did AS maths). Then in Easter I’ll learn everything including AS and A2 again and do past papers for all. Then after that I’ll just go over anything I’m less confident on and do past papers. This is only a general plan though so I probably won’t meet the deadlines I’ve set myself but I’ll try.

ReputationRep:
    But like how exactly do you cover the content...so far I’ve been taking lots of notes on machemguy or using snap revise but I don’t feel like I’m doing much. For maths I use exam solutions too..lucky u..my AS c1 and c2 we’re not so good so I have to up to retake that...what u applying for btw? Have u got mocks after holidays?

ReputationRep:
    Do u have bio AQA Chem OCR and maths EDEXCEL

ReputationRep:
    I do Edexcel maths and OCR biology and chemistry.

For maths I go through the book and write down all the formulae that I need to know so it’s all in one place. I then just work through the questions and practice papers. If I get even the slightest bit wrong I will do loads of questions on that specific topic until I fully understand it. ‘Maths and physics tutor’ is great for getting past papers customised to specific topics.

For biology, I read through my textbook and memorise the content (that’s how I can revise the most efficiently). I make simplified notes on key points so that I can test myself when I am reviewing what I have revised.

For chemistry, I memorise what is in the textbook and make notes on only the equations, specific organic reactions and key definitions (I don’t make notes for theory). Then I do a lot of past papers and questions to consolidate my learning for all subjects.

I have mocks after February half-term

ReputationRep:
    That sounds great! Good luck! Have you got uni offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    Yes thank you medicmind...no offence but aren’t the topic questions from pHysics and maths tutor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natasha_Faye)
    I’m doing the same subjects. My plan is to completely finish AS biology and chemistry before the February half-term so that I can get A’s on all my AS papers by that time. In February half-term I’ll learn everything I’ve done so far in A2 for all 3 subjects (I already did AS maths). Then in Easter I’ll learn everything including AS and A2 again and do past papers for all. Then after that I’ll just go over anything I’m less confident on and do past papers. This is only a general plan though so I probably won’t meet the deadlines I’ve set myself but I’ll try.
    How are you doing so far? Sounds like a great plan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoctorAngel)
    That sounds great! Good luck! Have you got uni offers yet?
    Yeah, I’ve applied to veterinary science and have received 3 out of 4 offers including my top choice (royal veterinary college) what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amaraub)
    How are you doing so far? Sounds like a great plan
    Thanks I’m on track so far but Christmas has been far busier than expected and so I’ve had to push a lot of revision to the final week of the holidays which means I’ll be doing about 8 hours a day but that’s what I did for my exams last year so it should be manageable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoctorAngel)
    Yes thank you medicmind...no offence but aren’t the topic questions from pHysics and maths tutor
    lmao u rekt them my g

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 27, 2017

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.